Maple Dale Aviator News!
Friday, January 27, 2017
Kindergarten Registration is February 6th
Maple Dale's Kindergarten registration is fast approaching. If you plan to come to registration Monday, February 6th from 4:30-6:00 pm, you are required to bring the following materials:
- Photo I.D.
- Child’s current immunization records
- Original birth certificate/proof of birth or passport
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Proof of residence (mortgage deed, current rental/lease agreement)
- Child care provider’s name, address and phone number (if applicable)
- The first four completed pages in Final Forms
- Print, complete, and bring the following required forms. They are also available to print on Final Forms:
- Affidavit I-Enrollee
- Affidavit II-Resident (only complete if living in a domicile belonging to another person)
- Agreement of Understanding (only complete if building or purchasing a home)
- Preschool and Kindergarten Physician's Report (Return by the first day of school.)
- Student Attendance Accounting Policy form
- Transportation Registration form
- Dental Report form
Please bring the following Placement Information form. While this form is optional, the information will be helpful in placing your child in a classroom. Our goal is to match your child's individual needs to an appropriate classroom environment.
If you are interested in Full-Day Kindergarten, please fill out this form and turn in at the registration dates above to be entered into the lottery for Full-Day. Students are assigned to full-day classes and programs according to results of a random lottery drawing. Parents are notified by letter of lottery results in February. Full Day Kindergarten spots fill up quickly! Tuition for full-day kindergarten is $3,300 per year.
A $100 deposit is due at the time of application (make checks payable to Sycamore Community Schools). This deposit will be refunded in full if the district is unable to place your child in a full-day kindergarten class.
Kindergarten Tuition Waiver Application
Sycamore Community Schools offers tuition waivers for families that qualify based on household size and income based on the previous school year’s Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Please complete the application and submit at your school's registration date or to the District Office.
If you know of a new Kindergarten family for our school, please share this information with them.
A Cultural Heritage Night Success!
Author Visit Book Order
Orders are due no later than Tuesday, February 7th. Cash or checks made out to Maple Dale PTO Return in an envelope clearly marked “Candace Fleming Book Order”
Need more information about her books? www.candacefleming.com or http://www.andersonsbookshop.com/search/site/candace%2520fleming
Thank you to Maple Dale PTO for funding this exciting author visit!
Save the Date for Maple Dale Family Fun Night at Castle Skateland
Make sure to mark your calendars for the Maple Dale Family Fun Night, Sunday, February, 12 2017, 4:30-6:30 pm at Castle Skateland in Loveland. Enjoy skating, food, and fun with lots of Maple Dale families!
Be on the lookout for a flyer giving you the opportunity to pre-order your tickets at a discounted price. This year, you can save the most by ordering your tickets ONLINE! More information will be going out in your child’s Aviator folder.
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Hughes at 515-1787 or Greta Urbanek at 731-8116.
Hope to see you all there!
Sycamore Gear: Parent Book Club
ALL are invited to discuss the book, “How to Raise and Adult”, by Julie Lythcott-Haims, on Feb 15 (details below).
Free babysitting will be offered. Signs will be posted for direction to HS HUB (enter main entrance at circle drive in back).
Please RSVP if you need babysitting, to www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0544A9AE2AA75-how.
Peacebuilders Parent Training
Peacebuilders Parent Training
for Maple Dale and Symmes Families
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 6:00-8:00
Symmes Elementary Multipurpose Room
Light Dinner Provided
See flyer here, for more details and to sign up!
Peacebuilder Parent Workshop is an interactive and engaging session designed to teach parents techniques to create a peaceful home and a positive learning experience for their child. This workshop will help to build a common language between school and home. A certified trainer from Peacebuilders, along with the administrative staff from Maple Dale and Symmes will lead the training. All materials will be provided. Please join us!
SEE1 Rock Concert
Friday, Feb. 24th, 7pm
7400 Cornell Road
You are invited to a Rock Concert by:
Sycamore Electric Ensemble
Renowned Electric Violinist Joe Deninzon
Friday, February 24, 2017
7:00 pm (Doors Open at 6:15 pm)
Sycamore High School Auditorium
7400 Cornell Rd
Tickets (reserved seating) - $10
First come, first served
All purchases are non-refundable.
All tickets will be held at Will Call.
Ways to buy tickets:
1. Online www.sbob.org
2. Mail the ticket form (Attention to: SEE 1 Concert) or drop off at HS front office
3. Pre-Sales on Thu, Feb 23 & Fri, Feb 24 (in the Commons 11 am - 12:30 pm)
4. At the Door (Cash or Credit Card only)
For more information call: SHS (513) 686-1770 ext. 3011 or Laura Lopez (513) 238-6345
There is still time to order a yearbook, but time is running out! The final deadline to order is March 3rd. Don’t miss out on the memories and the fun and go online to order your yearbook today!
We are asking for volunteers to fill the following Committee Leader roles:
- Central point of contact for carnival donations
- Organize and solicit community all carnival donations (i.e. bid & buy, food and other operational needs)
- Organize and oversee the monetary sponsorship program
- Ensure Great Gatherings program is coordinated
- Develop and execute recognition program for sponsors
- Central point of contact for carnival communications to ensure consistent messaging
- Develop and executive carnival communication plan
- Collaborate with committee chairs to determine communication needs
- Draft and review communications
- Establish communication timeline
- Ensure adequate signage
- Collaborate with Donations coordinate to communicate to donors and provide recognition
Please contact Shane Davis at (513) 706-8008 or Davis.email@example.com if you are interested in either role or would like more information.