MUST SEE AND FEEL...
History Makers of Valjevo
The Nenadović Tower was built in spring of 1813 by Duke Jakov Nenadović and his son Jevrem Nenadović in order to help the participants of the First Serbian Uprising. Its main purpose was to store ammunition and gunpowder for the uprising. It is located on a hill called Kličevac and at that time it overlooked the whole town. By the end of 1813 the participants of First Serbian Uprising had to run away from Valjevo and whole Serbia, so the Nenadović Tower came into Turkish hands. The Turkish authorities used it as a prison. In 1815 Valjevo was finally liberated from Turks and the tower was destroyed by Duke Sima Nenadović. It was rebuilt by Prince Miloš Obrenović in 1836, and since then it is one of Valjevo's symbols.
- Nenadović Tower taken from rts.rs
- Nenadović Tower in Past by TO Valjevo
2. MUSSELIM'S RESIDENCE BY TO VALJEVO
Brakovina is a historical complex located 11 kilometers from Valjevo.The Church of the Holy Archangels is an endowment of Prota Mateja Nenadović and it was built in 1830. The Church's treasury is full of rich valuables from as far as the 19th century. In the church yard you can see 'sobrašice'- old wooden houses for family gatherings at the time of holidays. In the Church neighborhood is an old schoolyard with two school buildings from the 19th and early 20th century. The older one represents development of schooling in the 19th century Serbia with original showpieces. The school building from the 20th century is a museum dedicated to one of Serbia's most famous poetess Desanka Maksimović, who was born in Brankovina.