OAISD Physical Education Resources
Healthy Students are Better Learners
Scope and Sequence
USE YOUR DISTRICT DATA to develop a scope and sequence for your classroom/district.
Curriculum Overview by Content Area - K-12 Physical Education - Examples for each grade level
Assessment in Physical Education
- Formative Assessments- ongoing during instruction and can include checks for understanding, heart rate monitors, checklists, rubrics, exit slips
- Summative Assessments – occur at the close of a unit or instructional sequence and are meant to determine a student’s level of achievement. These can include personal fitness plans and logs, skills test, written tests, video or skills demonstration to peers or the class
- Fitness Gram Student Self- Assessments
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Peer Assessments
- Performance-Based Assessments
*Try PE Blog Assessment resources as well.
Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT)
The Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT)is a self-assessment and planning guide developed by CDC. The PECAT is designed to help school districts and schools conduct clear, complete, and consistent analyses of physical education curricula based upon national physical education standards.
Specifically, the PECAT:
- Assesses how closely physical education curricula align with national standards for physical education.
- Analyzes outcomes, content, and assessment components of a curriculum that correspond to national standards for physical education for three grade levels: K–5, 6–8, and 9–12.
- Helps school districts or individual schools identify changes needed in locally developed curricula.
- Helps school districts or individual schools use the PECAT to develop a physical education curriculum.
Physical Education Resources
Adventure to Learning - K-5 classroom supplemental videosDarebee - Free workouts and challenges
S&S Blog - Fitness Calendars, activities, challenges
K5 Hidden Peak Videos - YouTube Channel
We are Teachers - Free printables, purchase lessons from other teachers
Activity Calendars for Health and PE - SHAPE America
Danny Go - YouTube channel for elementary-aged youth (music, dancing, and learning)