science QUIZ study quide
1. Safety Notes
- only waft liquids.
- if something spills, notify Mr. Leeds immediately.
- you must keep your goggles on at all times.
- you should wash your hands with soap and water after handling all chemicals.
- never use force to remove or insert glass.
- capping the alcohol burner puts out the flame because fire needs oxygen.
- what is the nurse extension 2828.
- you should never throw broken glass into the regular trash, but in the one in the back of the room.
- if you get any chemicals on your skin you should flush your skin with water and notify Mr. Leeds immediately.
The experimental error is if the bag had a whole in it, you would not know that a gas was being produced.
heating baking soda lab
unit of measurement: CM3 (cubic centimeters)
standard unit of length: Meter (M)
CM: 1 cm = .01 M
100 CM- 1 meter
A small cube: 1 cm on each side
Volume of Liquids
-use graduated cylinders to measure volume.
-must remember to check the intervals ML or CM3
-read from bottom of meniscus.
BOX QUESTIONS 1-13
- it helps things rise when they'e heated they release a gas.
3.how many cubic centimeters are required to fill a graduated cylinder to the 50 mL mark?
- 50 cubic centimeters.
5. adding stone to a graduated cylinder containing 25.0 cm3 of water raises the water level in the cylinder to the 32.0 cm3 mark. What is the volume of the stone?
- the volume is 7.
- check that the pan is clean and dry.
- Always zero balance the pan before each massing; push all ridges to the zero on the left.
- do not zero balance when done.
- only pick up by red bar.
- NEVER switch pans.