School Nutrition Newsletter
July 15, 2020
Don't Forget! School Re-Entry Guidance and Updates for School Nutrition Programs 2020 - 2021
- IDOE has released a Re-Entry Guidance Newsletter for schools.
- This newsletter will be continuously updated with guidance and information from IDOE and USDA.
- Click here to access the newsletter.
- Additionally, IDOE has created a webpage to house new resources from IDOE and USDA.
- Click here to access this webpage.
Direct Certification Frequently Asked Questions
- Direct Certification for the 2020-2021 school year is now accessible in the STN Application Center.
- Please refer to last week's newsletter for more detailed information on the Direct Certification process.
While the Direct Certification (DC) database displays the new school year, the eligibility box in the right hand corner says 6/2020. Should I wait until it says 7/2020?
- No, our data is always from the prior month. This means for your first DC match of the new school year, you will be using June data. As long as you can show you pulled your DC match after July 1, 2020, this eligibility information applies for the entire 2020-2021 school year.
For this first DC download should I run the Current Month's match or Year to Date match?
- It does not matter for this first match in July whether you download the Current Month's match or the Year to Date match. This is because there is only one month's data in the system. If, however, you wait to run your first DC match download in August, then you should download the Year to Date match to catch both July and August's DC matches.
- Keep in mind, sponsors are highly recommended to run DC matches monthly. If you miss a month or are not regularly running DC matches, then make sure you download the Year to Date match and sort by certification month in order to catch any student that was not identified in a missed month.
- Don't forget to download the No County matches as well! This might help identify additional students that are enrolled in your school but are assigned to a different county. Be sure to review the list carefully to ensure the students really are enrolled at your school.
My first match is showing a lot less students than this time last year. Is this a problem?
Please contact us if you believe your match list is not identifying all of your eligible students. We will work with you one-on-one to make sure there is not an issue.
When I click to run my DC download, the screen just takes me back to the Dashboard. How do I view my matches?
If your system's pop-up blockers are on, they will prevent the download from automatically showing up. In that case, from the Dashboard click on File Manager and then click the most recent file at the top.
I'm new to the DC process, how do I access my DC matches and is there any training available?
- Bookmark the DC/DV Database, to quickly access Direct Certification and Direct Verification. If you do not have a username and password, you will need to contact someone within your school who has Corporate User Maintenance status. They will then set you up with access.
- Check out the Direct Certification web page for helpful DC resources:
- Click here to register for a live webinar on Thursday, July 23 at 9:00 a.m. ET about Direct Certification Frequently Asked Questions.
- Questions? Contact DC specialists using the new DC Help Form.
CNPweb 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
- PY 2021 SNP is now accessible in the CNPweb.
- Please refer to last week's newsletter for more detailed information on setting up sponsor and site sheets in the CNPweb.
I need a new site added to the CNPweb. How do I do that?
- Contact Ashley Heller at email@example.com.
I need a site sheet removed for this school year. How do I get that removed?
- Contact Ashley Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a 504 coordinator and how do I know who ours is?
All local educational agencies (LEAs) that employ at least 15 individuals (not just food service staff) are required to ensure someone is designated to coordinate compliance with disability requirements. This person is considered the 504 coordinator. Typically, this is someone who works in special education, counseling, or some other administrative position at the school. Contact Nicola Mousdicas with questions about the 504 coordinator.
Our school is operating differently this year due to COVID-19. How do I enter that information in the CNPweb?
- Sponsors must include operating details in box #14 of each school's site application. See last week's newsletter for more information.
Do I need to include every possible emergency operating plan in box #14?
No. In box #14 of the site application, please provide details of how your sites are currently planning to operate. For instance, if the elementary school is planning a hybrid operation method, explain what days students will be in school; if meals will be distributed on the e-learning days; and if so, what time those meals will be distributed. If the situation should change and you alter your operational plans, please update the site sheets as necessary.
Last year we had to submit multiple off-line documents. Why aren't they starred again this year?
- Sponsors only have to complete forms that are starred with an asterisk (*) on the packet tab. Many sponsors will find they are only required to submit one or two off-line documents this year.
My application says pending submission. I'm good to go right?
- Sponsors need to make sure that their application says "Pending Approval" not "Pending Submission" when they are ready for the state agency to review their information.
Who do I contact with questions?
Indiana Department of Education - School and Community Nutrition
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this newsletter, please contact Allie Caito-Sipe at email@example.com, call (317) 232-0849, or toll-free at 1-800-537-1142 ext. 20849, or contact Ashley Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (317) 232-0544, or toll-free at 1-800-537-1142 ext. 20544.
Miss a Weekly School Nutrition Newsletter? Click here to access previous newsletters!
Was the newsletter forwarded to you? Want to add other employees to receive the newsletter? Click here to be added to the contact list.