VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
April 22, 2016
- Tuesday, April 26 - Theatre Arts Field Trip to Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Wednesday, April 27 - GT Field Trip to Collin County Adventure Camp
- Friday, April 29 - Star Card iPod in Advisory
- Friday, April 29 - Student Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30
- May 2 - 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 3 - Algebra End of Course Exam (STAAR)
- Thursday, May 5 - Progress Reports
- Friday, May 6 - School Nurse Day (Show Nurse Adams some love!)
- Friday, May 6 - Star Card Special Lunch Time
- Saturday, May 7 - Little Big Town 5K (more information below)
- May 9 - 12 - STAAR Testing (see calendar below)
*NO School May 16, 23, or 30
Van Alstyne Education Foundation Teacher Grants
Our Outstanding Students program recognizes students who go above and beyond to make our school a great place. Teachers choose one student from each grade level who deserves recognition. The students who are chosen receive a Sonic drink of their choice, get their name on the marquee, and are recognized in the VAMS newsletter. We would like to congratulate the following students for making our school a great place to be:
Brycen McEuen - 5th Grade
Gavin Bybee - 6th Grade
Alli Cholette - 7th Grade
Megan Montgomery - 8th Grade
Way to go! You make us proud!
Little Big Town 5K
Click on this button to access the Little Big Town 5K registration form.
Youth Digital Summer Camp
Van Alstyne ISD in partnership with Region 10 Education Service Center and Youth Digital is offering 2 Digital Youth Camps this summer for students age 10 -16.
Youth Digital empowers kids and teens to be digital creators, designers, animators, programmers and developers. The course work provides campers a comprehensive learning experience that is amazingly fun, highly interactive and extremely effective.
Campers watch videos, respond to questions, earn badges, and complete challenging assignments and quizzes as they step toward mastering critical technology skills and professional-level software. Computers are provided at the camp site. No prior programming or design experience is necessary. Youth Digital summer camp courses are designed to make learning new digital skills fun and effective. Campers will be guided through every step, from downloading the software to submitting your final project.
Click on the button below for more information.
Attention 8th Graders - Van Alsytne High School Community Service Hour Log
Each year, Van Alstyne High School students are encouraged to complete 30 hours of community service. On April 15, 2016, our 8th grade students were able to begin documenting hours that will count for their freshman year. For more information about VAHS community service hours, please click the "VAHS Community Service Hours Frequently Asked Questions" button below.
Click this button to access a printable version of the VAHS Community Service Hour Log.
Click on this button to access the document about VAHS Community Service Hours FAQ
Dress Code Reminders
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no more than 2 ½” above the knee.
- Anything form-fitting, such as: spandex shorts, bicycle shorts, tights, leggings, yoga pants, and leotards may only be worn under shorts or skirts that meet the school dress code.
- All outer garments must have sleeves (cap sleeves are permitted). “Spaghetti straps” or “tank tops” are not allowed. No see-through garments are allowed unless the undergarment beneath meets the school dress code. Shoulders must be covered.
- Garments that are torn, cut inappropriately, or have holes are not permitted.
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!