Help for Parents with videos, articles, links, and more
Looking for ideas or information on the latest parenting information? This is where you can find links for current issues and concerns for students & parents. Hopefully the articles and links will provide some answers or a starting point. Feel free to request specific information with the school counselor @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parenting and Family Classes
Cy-Fair Offers Parenting and Family Classes on many topics. Below you will find flyers for the most current offerings (as available). For more information, or if you are looking for something specific, please contact the school counselor at mailto:email@example.com
Is it Bullying? Or Something Else...
Your child comes home telling you they are being bullied. No parent wants to hear that. But is it bullying or is it something else? Here is a quick guide to help and use when having a conversation with your child.
The following websites may be helpful to parents experiencing divorce:
- Free Help for Separated, Divorced, and Never-Married Parents - www.uptoparents.org
- Positive Parenting Through Divorce - www.divorcenet.com/states/nationwide/parenting-art
- A time manager for divorced parents - www.ourfamilywizard.com
- Conflict resolution skills - www.helpguide.org/articles/relationships...
- Bill Eddy parenting and divorce articles - www.highconflictinstitute.com/articles/pare...
- Other tips for divorcing parents - www.kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/feelings/divorce.html
- Resources for parents - www.afccnet.org/resource-center/resources-for-families/categoryid/1
- Little Children, Big Challenges: Divorce Resources for parents and children ages 2-8 - www.sesamestreet.org/toolkits/divorce
- Tools, tips and good practices for co-parents - www.afccnet.org/Portals/0...
- An Age-by-Age Guide for Talking to Kids About Divorce - www.todaysparent.com/family/relationships/kids-and...
- 12 Ways to Help a Teen Handle the Emotional Challenges of Moving - www.redfin.com/blog/2016/09/12-ways-to-help-a-teen...