The Blake Buzz
Week of September 28-October 2, 2015
Thank you to all of the staff members who have joined the PTA! There are lots and lots of names on the PTA Superhero board outside the gym. If you have not joined yet, I hope that you will do so. Our prize drawings were held last Friday during our Staff FLASH PTA Drive at 4p.m. Brittany Griffith won the Bath and Body Works gift basket, and Debbie Pratt won the $25 gift card.
We will have our first PTA meeting this Tuesday right after the Faculty Meeting. If you are a member, please stay for a few minutes so you can vote in the candidates running for Board positions. As soon as we can get our Board elected and trained, our PTA can begin working to plan events for our students.
What's Happening this Month?
- PBIS Team Meeting 4:15 in Conference Room
- Faculty Meeting 4-5pm-Agenda: K-PREP scores & SGG work session
- PTA Meeting immediately following Faculty Meeting- Board election
- Karate Club ends for grades 2/3 today
- List of conferences due to the office all who are holding conferences by 4p.m.
- Release of K-PREP data to the public
- NO SCHOOL-Flex PD Day
Other Upcoming Dates
- Gold Day Professional Development Day (See email for agenda)
- Parent-Teacher Conference Day 9-4pm
- Pay Day
- Statewide Earthquake Drill- The Great Shake-out 10:15 a.m.
- Finalized SGG due to Susan and Leslie
- Fall Festival
- RED RIBBON WEEK
STAFF SUPERHERO OF THE WEEK
Grace was nominated by Bethany Hardesty. In Mrs. Hardesty's words, "Grace works so hard to be a lifelong learner for her kiddos. She is always asking questions, looking for resources and books, as well as spending her planning time to watch and discuss reading lessons. Her dedication to learning more for her kids is SUPER!"
Other heroes nominated last weeK:
Maddie Jenne- Even when times get tough and she felt like giving up, she persevered and continued to teach, laugh, and smile. Keep doing a good job! (Nominated by Tosha Fields)
Jill Calloway- Jill has worked hard to help complete BLP assessments by the deadline. She doesn't complain ad is always willing to do what needs to be done to help the kids and teachers. (Nominated by Rebecca Craig)
Brittany Griffith- Ms. Griffith used her personal lunch time to help us get the cafeteria ready for the Glow Party and movie on High Attendance Day! (Nominated by Jill Calloway)
Melissa Spayd- Melissa is always so positive and sweet to all of the students! She has come into my classroom several times to show me how to intervene and help my students with speech difficulties. (Nominated by Olivia Hust)