The Peine Pride
A Message From Dr. Andrews
Dear Peine Families,
As we begin November, I challenge each of you to reflect on the start of the school year and praise yourself for all the work you’ve done to support your children academically and emotionally. November is my favorite time of the year. It's the time to enjoy the cool weather and celebrate the good things that we enjoy with a grateful heart.
I appreciate the support you have shown Peine Ridge. I know this year has not been easy and the unpredictability of it all can cause stress. Thank you for being patient with us, showing kindness, and understanding. We are doing all we can to keep your children safe while still meeting their academic needs.
You are rock stars and we thank you,
DATES TO REMEMBER
- November 9- Picture Retakes
- November 10- Veterans Day Parade (9:30-10:30)
- November 11- Veterans Day
- November 16 - Late Start Day
- November 18- Support Staff Appreciation Day
- November 19 - Board of Education Meeting
- November 25 - No School- Thanksgiving Break
- November 26 - No School- Thanksgiving Break
- November 27 - No School- Thanksgiving Break
Veterans Day Celebration
For Pick up and drop off on November 10th
SECOND SEMESTER VIRTUAL OPTION
Please know that NO one is asking for gifts, NOR are they expecting a gift! This is simply meant for you to use as a reference, and doing so is totally voluntary!
October Scholars of the Month
We are happy to announce our Scholars of the Month for the month of October. One student per grade level is chosen by the teachers as Scholar of the Month. Congratulations to the following students:
Kindergarten- Greta Palmer
Greta is a complete joy to be around. She lights up any hallway or classroom that she walks into. Greta not only works incredibly hard on her academics, but she strives to set an example for her peers. Greta is always the first to congratulate a friend on their accomplishment or lend a helping hand. This young lady is incredibly deserving of being October's Kindergarten Scholar of the Month! Way to go!
First-Grade- Joel Lueking
Joel is an outstanding student and an amazing friend. He is an incredibly hard worker, extremely considerate, and always respectful! Joel is also incredibly polite and an eager learner. Joel tries his best 100% of the time and always has a positive attitude. I am so proud of Joel's hard work and I am so proud to be his teacher! We are so thankful he is a part of the Peine family! Keep up the great work, Joel!
Aliana has started the second-grade year as a leader, hard worker, and stellar teammate. She is always willing to help out whether it is a fellow peer or one of her teachers. For all of these reasons and many, many more Alaina is the second-grade scholar this month. We are very pleased and honored to have such a wonderful student in our school! Way to go, Alaina, keep up the great work! We are very proud of you!
Third-Grade- Easton Palmer
Easton is an amazing role model for his classmates. He always comes to school with a positive attitude and is kind to everyone. He is such a hard worker and constantly exceeds expectations. Keep up the great work Easton!
Fourth-Grade- Samuel Rice
Our Fourth Grade Student of the Month is in the Virtual Learning Academy.
He demonstrates the Big Three: Respect, Responsibility, and Kindness not only towards his peers and virtual learning work; he also demonstrates that towards his family. He set his goals high and aims to achieve it. His love for learning shines through every day through his eagerness to complete his tasks, his willingness to participate in class discussions, and his responsibility of attending all his class meetings on time. He has not missed a single lesson or assignment. He gives his very best effort every moment of the day! He is an absolute joy to teach and have in my virtual class! His dog Hazel is our class mascot and does tricks and checks out with us every day. He has really made this year great! When I think of 2020, it will be with joy and fondness because of Samuel Rice.
Fifth-Grade- Ashley Galyean
Ashley is such an amazing student! She arrives every day with a smile in her step and a positive attitude. She puts forth her best effort no matter what she is doing and is quick to help others. Ashley is always respectful and is a great role model for all Peine Ridge students. Keep up the great work Ashley!
Sixth-Grade- Kiley Hansen
Sixth-grade teachers are very excited to have such a wonderful student on their team. Kiley Hansen is a wonderful young lady that is always working hard to do her best in everything she does. She is a joy to have in class. Even though she is wearing a mask, her smile shines through. We are so happy to have such a wonderful person to teach.
This month we were able to be back in the classroom full time with our students. It has been so exciting to see all the smiling faces walking in the hallways and learning from their desks!
Students continue to earn those House points; Altruismo is currently in the lead! There are several opportunities throughout the day. Point totals change daily! Keep rooting for your House and remember….We are Four Houses, One Family.
Several students have been chosen for Awesome Office visits from their classroom teachers. These students have written their names on a chalkboard outside Dr. Andrews' office. Since it is the end of the first quarter, all of those names will be entered into a drawing for a shopping spree. Look for our winner to be announced soon for our First Quarter Awesome Office visit Shopping Spree!
Remember that every Friday is House Day! Wear your House colors to show your school spirit! Count on Me!
A Message From the Counselors
Dear Peine Families,
The Holidays are nearly upon us! In an effort to support our community, we are participating in The Holiday Assistance Program again this year. This program is designed for families who need a little help to make their holiday experience wonderful. If you are interested in donating items for our families or learning more about The Holiday Assistance Program, please reach out to the counselors! Any items donated are due by December 11th!.
Thank you for supporting families in need this holiday season!
Fall Fundraiser (Cardinal's Calendars)
Due: Monday, November 9th
- Return your order form with a check (made payable to Peine Ridge PTO) or a cash payment to your homeroom teacher by Monday.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card you can do so via Cheddar Up at https://my.cheddarup.com/c/peine-ridge-pto (a small processing fee will apply). Please remember to also return your order form to your homeroom teacher by Monday.
- Calendars will begin to ship out and be delivered to school on November 30th.
Spirit Wear Store
Closes: Sunday, November 8th
- This will be the last chance to order until the SPRING.
- New Additions - BEANIES and Paw Print shirts/hoodies in house colors!! Plus all your favorites and Count On Me tye-dye!
- To order - visit our online store at https://spiritwear2020rd3.itemorder.com/sale
- Please check your orders very carefully! All Sales are Final.
- All orders will be delivered to the students' homeroom teacher about 2-3 weeks after the store closes. If your student is virtual, we will contact you via email for delivery/pickup. Teacher/Staff orders will be dropped off at the front desk.
- A portion of every purchase is donated to the Peine Ridge PTO! We very much appreciate your support and cannot wait to see all of your school spirit! #PEINEpride