Warning Signs of Eating Disorders
By: Kiser Suits
Warning signs of eating disorders
- Dramatic weight loss
- Preoccupation with weight, food, calories, fat grams and dieting
- Refusal to eat certain foods, progressing to restrictions against whole categories of foods (Carbohydrates)
- Frequent comments about feeling fat or overweight despite weightloss
- Excercising a lot
- Attiude and Behavioral changes
- Excuses to avoid meal time
- Denial of hunger
- Withdrawal from usual activities or friends
Dangers of eatng disorders
- Frequent binging and purging can damage your body very bad
- Stomach can rupture if people bing on rare instances
- Purging can lead to heart failure due to the loss of minerals (Potassium)
- Vomiting can also cause more less deadly but serious issues
Places for young people to seek help if they believe they or their friend might have a eating disorder
Warning about dangerous websites that encourage eating disorders
- Websites encourage people to embrace the eating disorder as a thing rather than an illness.
- They have tips on how to lose weight which are dangerous
- Ways to deceive your love ones,
- Targeted at women and young adults,
- encourage you to continue with your disorders.
- Encourages harmful behavior and make it look glamourous and seem like the cool thing to do but really it is not the right the thing to do.
- Some website writers have a way to add a persuasive tone to there writing which leads people to have a false since of understanding of the websites.
- Websites can also be found commonly on social media outlets as welll such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Etc.
This is a graphic on the statistics of the disorder
Words associated with an eating disorders.
Example of how much food a person with an disorder will eat.
Anorexia- Fear of gaining weight
- An unrealistic body image
- Peer pressure to be thin
Symptoms and Causes
- Tooth decay
- Blistered hands
- Ruptured esophagus
- Guilt associated by over eating
- The desire to control weight by any means