Jesse Boyd Elementary School
1. Should school close early after arrival, you will receive a phone call and an email. The information will also be posted on our facebook and twitter feeds as well as the school's website. This information will also be announced on media outlets such as TV and radio.
2. In most cases, we will have lunch for students prior to dismissal.
3. Our teachers use the inclement weather sheet that was filled out in December to ensure your child gets home in the manner you filled out on that sheet.
4. During our dismissal process, students will not be dismissed from the main office.
5. School buses and most day care vans will pick up on early release days and if indicated on your inclement weather sheet, students will be sent home on the bus or day care van.
6. Because teachers are busy getting students feed and packed up, teachers will not be able to check email for any changes to the inclement weather sheet.
We sometimes start school late due to cold temperatures or road conditions. Normally these are two hour delays. The 2 hour delay is simply that, we will run everything two hours later (except dismissal time). On a 2 hour delay:
-If the delay is decided upon the night prior, you will receive a phone call and an email as well as postings on facebook, twitter and the school's website.
-If the delay is decided in the early morning hours, please stay tuned to email, facebook, twitter, the school's website, and your local media. We will not do an all call in the early morning prior to 8am.
-Buses will pick up 2 hours later than a normal morning.
-2nd-5th grade car loop will open at 9:15am.
-K-1st grade car loop will open at 9:30am.
-School start time will be 9:50am.
-Should temperatures be below 30, safety patrol students will not need to be on duty.
We also may experience school closings due to weather. Whenever possible district officials make the decision to close school the night before the closing. If decisions are made prior to 8:30pm the night before the closing, you will receive a phone call. No phone calls will be made to your home after 8:30pm from JBE. Information will be emailed, posted on our facebook, twitter, and school website. If the decision to close school happens in the morning, the information will be posted on the school's website, facebook and twitter, and you will receive an email. No phone calls will go out prior to 8am. All information on closing will also be on media outlets such as TV and radio.
As always the safety and security of our students, staff, and families is of the highest priority when these decisions are made.
Family Game Night
SCREADY and SCPASS
SCREADY (for grades 3-5)
Writing: April 26th
Reading: April 27th
Math: April 28th
SCPASS (for grades 4 & 5)
Science: May 11th
Social Studies: May 12th
Shout outs are also given to....
2nd place - Mrs. Abee and class - 732 pts.
3rd place- Mrs. Davis and class - 495 pts.
These points turn into REAL money for our school and allow YOU STUDENTS to experience fun & creative activities while learning.
Thanks to everyone for their hard work! Please keep collecting Box Tops on many products you purchase. Encourage your friends and family to do the same.
January 15th: All Pro Dads 7am (rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org)
January 18th: No school-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 19th: Family Game Night 5:30-7pm
*We will not have an PTSO meeting on Monday, January 11th or Skate Night on January 14th.