directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords have been exploring elements of nonfiction text features! They read parts of an EXTREME story called Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest. As a whole group we discussed the text features that were important and helped to deepen our understanding of the book. There are VERY crazy places around our world to learn about!!
Missions in Math
Soaring in Science
Our Kingdoms compared an archaeologist and materials engineer this week. This background knowledge will be helpful as we move into a story next week that teaches how the Engineering Design Process is important when working with artifacts!!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- After school clubs continue next week!!
- The district webpage is being rebuilt...please see our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com!
- Every student should be reading every evening and documenting this time read on their monthly reading calendars that are kept in their JOB binders!
- We have NO SCHOOL on Monday in honor of Veteran's Day.
- Report cards will be sent home next Friday!
- Student Council assembly on Tuesday!