New Field Weekly Updates
Week 21: January 30 - February 3, 2023
Important Logistical Reminders:
Here are a few logistical reminders and requests to ensure smooth processes in the second half of the school year:
In the event of sever inclement weather New Field executes indoor dismissal.
- PK no change in dismissal
- Kinder and First grades exit through BOTH cafeteria doors. Please utilize the Clark St door to expedite dismissal.
- Second Grade dismisses from the main entry vestibule
- Third & Fourth grades exit out the gym doors
TOYS/GAMES AT SCHOOL:
Please keep personal toys and games at home, unless requested for show/tell or star or the week. If you have a question about an allowable item, please contact your classroom teacher or our administrative team: Ms. Callahan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mr. Lopez, email@example.com, or Ms. Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org
In no circumstance should any child have a toy at school that resembles/mimics a weapon.
STREET & PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC:
Please help us reinforce pedestrian safety and utilize crosswalks. Crossing in front of our school and outside of crosswalks creates seriously dangerous conditions for all community members.
If you are driving to/from New Field please adhere to these basic principles:
- Drive at 20 mph or slower and fully stop at stop signs.
- Do not double or triple park, this causes significant congestion and safety concerns
- Do not pull a U-Turn in front of the school. Please use normal traffic patterns to safely drive home.
- Keep the bus lane clear for busses and taxis that provide transportation services for students
If you are interested in volunteering to assist with dismissal traffic congestion please check in with out Assistant Principal, Mr. Alfredo Lopez, email@example.com.
Monthly LSC Meeting
Tuesday, Jan. 31st, 5:30-7pm
1707 West Morse Avenue
1/31/23 LSC Agenda New Field School
Final Vaccine Clinic
Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 10am-12pm
1707 West Morse Avenue
FREE Flu & COVID-19 Vaccine available at New Field!
All ages and all community members are welcome.
This will be our last vaccine clinic for school year 2022-2023
NOTE: unaccompanied minors may receive vaccines.
Please make sure to sign the additional online waiver
Teacher Planning Day Friday, February 3
This is a planning day for our teaching staff.