Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
November 17, 2014
- Check your email for any emails I will send to you from our PTA or our principal. I cannot always attach them to this newsletter so I usually send those separately.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather (no more shorts, as of last week according to our dress code). The weather is going to get VERY cold this week, so please make sure they are nice and warm with winter coats, hats, gloves!
- If for some reason we do have a snow day, please check the radio, tv channels, internet, and/or school website. I will be retweeting anything about school delays from the superintendent on Twitter. Follow me @MrsReiber
- Scholastic Book orders are due by Friday. I will place the order and hopefully the books will arrive after our Thanksgiving break!
- I've attached a link to a reading timer -- free in the app store! It looks promising but I have not had a chance to try it out. If you enjoy it, please let me know what you think!
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
Last week, Madisyn had the most Class Dojo points and she is our new VIP! Congratulations!
Madisyn is also our new Teacher Helper, so she has won both titles this week!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We are moving onto two-digit by two-digit multiplication. We will also briefly learn about number and shape patterns.
- Reading - Learning about character change, theme, and summarizing a text. We will practice this by using Wonder, our Scholastic News stories, and folktales.
- Writing - We will share our memoirs and also share our very creative spooky stories from Halloween! We have a spelling test on Friday -- study!
- Social Studies - Finishing up part of our history unit about Native American Indians (specifically Woodland Indians and mound builders), getting ready to start mini-research projects about a specific tribe.