PH & SB News!
South Bay District News for the Week of Sept. 12th
Pine Hill Book Fair
Lunch on the Quad/Lawn is Back!
South Bay families can meet their students at the picnic tables by the playground. At Pine Hill, students will meet their families on the tables and grass around the office. Please bring lawn chairs and blankets as picnic tables will be limited. More information about specific lunch times for grade levels will be forthcoming. We look forward to seeing you at these fun events at each of our district sites!
Site Council/Charter Council
- provide an open forum for discussing educational issues
- provide an opportunity for interaction by parents, teachers, and administrators
- foster the importance of decision-making at the site level
- contribute to each site's Plan for Student Achievement
- assist in defining educational needs and problems
If being a part of our schools' site councils intrigues you, please reach out to Heather Becksted at South Bay or Tim Grimmett at Pine Hill. Your interest in this important school team is greatly appreciated!
CAASPP Scores Available
South Bay School District is initiating a process of creating a new strategic plan to guide the work of the district and focus efforts on the most important areas for the next 5 years. We invite you to contribute to the development of the strategic plan by attending focus groups. Focus groups will provide us with input that will shape the directions we take for years to come. In our conversations we will discuss:
- What are our strengths as a school district?
- What opportunities do we have to improve our service to our students, our staff, our families, and our larger community?
Parents: You can participate in one of four sessions:
- Monday, September 19, 8:00 am, Pine Hill
- Monday, September 19, 4:00 pm remote
- Monday, September 19, 6 pm South Bay
- Tuesday, September 20, 8:00 am South Bay
Business/Community Members: You can participate in one of two sessions:
- Tuesday, September 20 noon for lunch
- Tuesday, September 20, 4:00 pm remote
Parents and Business/Community Members are asked to register at https://forms.gle/yQ2sKeM3tKf1... so that we can plan for your participation. The dedicated staff of South Bay thanks you in advance for sharing your insights into how we can best serve you and the community.
Library Check Out
At Pine Hill, please complete the library permission form that went home last week. Thanks to everyone who completed and returned it already. Please reach out to the office at Pine Hill if you need another form. Thanks.
Menus will be covered in two-week sections, due to supply chain issues. The kitchen wants to ensure that we are able to provide the meals that are on our menu, so planning for shorter time periods is necessary. Both South Bay and Pine Hill do not provide microwaves for students to use in the cafeteria, so please pack ready-to-eat meals.
**Remember school breakfast & lunch is free for ALL students, regardless of home income. **
Parent Teacher Student Association
Family Resource Center
Get familiar with what the FRC has to offer! Stop by or call us at 707-445-5933.
- Parent Support Group will be starting up Friday, September 2 from 8:30-9:30 in the Pine Hill FRC.
- First Five sponsored Playgroup will be starting up Tuesday, August 30, from 9:30-11:30 in the Pine Hill FRC.
- Costco Diapers Sizes 1-5 Available.
- Backpacks and School Supplies Available
- We will start sign-ups for our Friday Food Bag list soon. If you'd like a bag of food sent home with your student every Friday call and let us know!
- We are open for drop-ins at Pine Hill in the FRC and at South Bay in Room 17 Mon-Fri 8:00-4:00.