News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Feb. 24th
If you have missed seeing my smiling face at carpool, it's because I am in Austin, Texas for a professional development conference with Señora Farias, Ms. Nuria, and Mrs. Williams. The focus of the conference is this:
- Innovative, new tools for improving learning and meeting the needs of all students
- Easy-to-implement strategies for integrating technology into the classroom
- Brain-based research and practices to maximize teaching
- Proven classroom management and organizational tools designed by experts
When I return on Thursday, I will be spending from 7 am - 7pm (Thursday and Friday) in tuition contract meetings with ALL families needing financial assistance for the 2016-17 school year. If you have not yet requested a meeting, please do so immediately (Email Office@hrrsjda.or or call 253.272.7012). The spots are filling up quickly...32 conferences scheduled already! Thanks to all who have already contacted Berenice to get on the calendar. Remember, registration (including payment) is due THIS FRIDAY. Spots open up to outside families on Monday, Feb. 29th. Don't lose your space for next year!!
Have a wonderful week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- This Week - Families should be receiving award letters from the Fulcrum Foundation regarding the $1100 tuition assistance grants for next year. Letters are supposed to be mailed out by Fulcrum this week.
- Thurs - All School Mass at 9 am, Tuition Contract Meetings all Day
- Fri - Registration Deadline for Current Families, Tuition Contract Meetings all Day
- No School for Students on March 18th (Teacher Professional Development Day)
- Noon Dismissal on Good Friday (March 25th)...No Extended Care Available
- Easter Vacation (No School) - March 28 - April 1
Registration Deadline for Current Families: THIS FRIDAY!!
*****If you need to discuss financial aid for next year and you have completed a Fulcrum Application, please contact Berenice to schedule a meeting on Feb. 25 or 26.***
Spaces are not "locked in" for next year until all registration materials are complete and the registration fee has been paid. Also, accounts MUST be in "good standing", in order to re-enroll.
Registration Fees/Timeline for 2016 - 17!!
Feb. 1 - 26: Registration for Current Families
Feb. 29: Registration Opens for All
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
K - 8 Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
- 1 Student = $5650 ($20/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 2 Students = $9920 ($30/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 3+ Students = $12700 ($40/month increase on the 10 month plan)
P.K. Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
$6500 per Student* (*Existing families who have a child going from P.K. 3 to P.K. 4 can receive the K - 8 Tuition Amounts)
Reminder: All families who refer a newly enrolled family will receive a free month of tuition.
**Fulcrum should be notifying people of the Fulcrum Tuition Assistance awards by the end of this week.
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
- Ron Gilbert for locating 31 sports balls that went over the wall to the freeway...and pumping them up. The kids love having the balls back for recess!!
- Rocio, Julie, and Manuela for helping to organize the 4th floor storage area with Mr. Nolting!!
Thank you to all the families that got their auction items in or paid the $100 auction commitment fee. The final deadline was Wednesday, February 17th. If you didn't submit an item, you will see an increased auction fee of $150 on your next monthly invoice.
We would love to see you attend the auction/crab feed and tickets are now on sale. Please visit hrrsjda.org There is a link on the homepage to purchase tickets. If you are looking for volunteer hours, we have many opportunities available at the event. We need help with set-up, event staffing, and clean-up. Please email Sarah McKinney if you would like to be involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.