What the Tech?
Let's have some fun...
Take a Brain Break
- Have students meditate before tests
- Get up and move after a long activity
- Stretch to transition to a new subject
- Energize to start their day
To try it and/or sign up, go here: https://www.gonoodle.com/
Create Some Word Cloud Art
- Assess prior knowledge
- Improve their vocabulary
- Get to know one another
- Generate poetry ideas
- Analyze character traits
- Share story elements
Tagul is also completely free to use. Go here to try it out: https://tagul.com/
Play Some Music
This is a great site for playing music in the classroom. You can pick between genre, mood, era—or another category that suits the activity—and easily play music that soothes, motivates, excites, or calms. It’s also free and ad-free. The more you use it, the better it gets at predicting your interest.
With Songza's Concierge service, you can create a personalized playlist of music that fits your student group. It has options like SFW—Safe for Work—and “No Lyrics” mode.
Try it here: http://songza.com/
Introduce Genius Hour
Other ways to create new energy
- Create a classroom blog
- Start a classroom challenge
- Use cool tech tools for choosing random students or creating groups
- Use a new exit ticket or assessment tool such as Plickers or Kahoot
- Let students post content in Google Classroom for their classmates
- Celebrate work in a new way
- Let the students be the experts