October 11th - 16th
- For more detailed information, please refer to the student handbook.
- ATTENDANCE PHONE LINE: 208.855.4252
- Please use our attendance line to report any of your student absences or request a permit to leave!! If you get the attendance voicemail, please leave a message, as the attendance secretary checks it regularly.
- PERMIT TO LEAVE CAMPUS (PTL):
If it is necessary for a student to leave campus, they must obtain permit to leave from the attendance office. Failure to secure this permit will result in a major truancy as stated in the school handbook. In order to facilitate a student’s release, the ATTENDANCE OFFICE NEEDS AT LEASET ONE (1) HOUR NOTICE. A parent or guardian must call the attendance office prior to the student needing to leave. Notes will not be accepted. Please be advised that NO PERMITS TO LEAVE CAMPUS WILL BE MADE AND NO STUDENT WILL BE CALLED OUT OF CLASS 20 MINUTES BEFORE LUNCH AND 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY.
Monday, Oct. 11
- Theater: Musical Theater Showcase 7:00pm in the Little Theater (Disney Showcase & a preview of the Fall shows) Admission is free and will be about an hour long
- Boys Soccer: Varsity 6:00pm District Soccer at Eagle High School
- University of Portland in the Career Center at lunch
Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Volleyball: Sophomore 4:30pm vs Borah High School (Away), Junior Varsity 5:30pm District Tourney (Home/Stadium), Varsity 6:30pm vs Borah High School (Away)
- Girls Soccer: Varsity 5:30pm District Tournament (Home/Stadium)
- Boys Soccer: Varsity 6:00pm District Soccer (Away/Eagle High School)
- Choir Concert: 7:00pm in the Performing Arts Center
Wednesday, Oct. 13
- PSAT's/NMSQT: Asynchronous Learning (No School) for 9, 11, 12 (10th graders & some 11th graders will be taking the PSAT today)
- Boys Soccer: Varsity 6:00pm District Soccer (Away/Eagle High School)
- Girls Soccer: Varsity 6:00pm District Tournament (Home/Stadium)
- Girls Rugby: Varsity 6:00pm vs Meridian High School Rugby Play-offs (Away)
- Theater: 7:00pm Mt Showcase in the Little Theater
Thursday, Oct. 14
- Environmental Science Club: Meeting in room 211 at lunch
- Volleyball: Sophomore 4:30pm vs Mountain View High School (Away), Junior Varsity 5:30pm vs Mountain View High School (Away), Varsity 6:30pm vs Mountain View High School (Away)
- Football: Junior Varsity 6:00pm vs Eagle High School (Home/CHS Field), Freshman 6:00pm vs Eagle High School (Away)
- Wrestling: Junior Varsity 6:00pm Patriot Reserves - Upper South Gym (Home)
Friday, Oct. 15
Saturday, Oct. 16
- Volleyball: Sophomore 8:00am Sophomore District Volleyball at Kuna High School (Away), Junior Varsity 8:00am JV District Volleyball Championship @ MVHS (Away/Capital High School) Varsity 12:00pm District Volleyball Play-in TBA (Away/Mountain View High School)
- Rugby: Varsity 12:00pm District Rugby Championship (Away/Owyhee High School)
- Girls Soccer: Varsity 1:00pm Lewiston Senior High School Varsity Girls Soccer Play-in (Away)
- Boys Soccer: Varsity 3:00pm TBA State Soccer Playin Lewiston (Away)
- Lost & Found: Please check the lost and found before Friday October 15th, any remaing items after that will be donated to the Goodwill.
- Fees: Please check myschoolfees.com for fees current for the 2021-2022 school year
**Senior tux and drape pictures are scheduled for November 8th and 9th. Seniors, we will reach out in the future regarding senior picture day.
AVID TUTORS WANTED
- CHS is looking for college students, parents, or other stakeholders that are interested in becoming an AVID tutor for our 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students. AVID tutors work with small groups during the AVID elective class under the supervision of an AVID classroom teacher. Tutors take an active part in developing the academic and personal strength of AVID students through utilizing the AVID learning strategies during tutorials. This is an amazing opportunity to work with your local high school students and teachers. The position is a part time position. If interested, please apply here:
Come out & support Meridian FFA
Optional Device Protection Plan
West Ada School District offers optional device protection to families to cover the accidental breakage or damage that might occur to a child’s iPad or laptop. This voluntary protection plan is available for $25 per device and covers repairs or replacement due to accidental damage from drops, spills, vandalism, loss, theft, and incidental damage to another student’s device. Device protection does not cover intentional damage to a device, or damaged or lost accessories such as district provided cases, chargers, pens, or hotspots. Please see the Parent Student Device Handbook or Optional Device Protection Plan in the Student Handbooks for detailed information on the District’s Optional Device Protection Plan.
The optional device protection plan enrollment period is August 16-October 31. Families may sign up and pay for optional device protection through the Payment Portal located in PowerSchool. Please refer to the image below for instructions on accessing the optional device protection form in PowerSchool.
Families are responsible for the repair or replacement of devices which are damaged, lost, or stolen outside acceptable use guidelines published in student handbooks. Device protection is a voluntary, non-refundable, yearly cost for each device. Families may be able to add devices to their homeowner’s or renters’ insurance plan and may consider these alternatives prior to purchasing optional device protection.
- AP Students: If you haven't done so already, please be sure to order your AP exam using the JOIN CODE from your AP Teacher.
- If you don't order (join) or opt out (cancel) your AP Exam order by the deadline you will be charged a $40 late fee. Advanced Opportunities will NOT pay any late fees. Questions? Please reach out to your AP teacher or Mrs. Campbell in the Counseling Office
College & Career Center
Time to Register for Spring IDLA Classes!
Have you fallen behind or are striving to work ahead?
See Ms. Rossman in the Career Center for more information or go to the CHS website, under the Counseling Tab then IDLA
Sign up HERE to secure your spot for the ASVAB
Juniors + Seniors: The ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) will be
held at Centennial in the Library on November 4th from 8am-11am. The ASVAB is
the military entrance exam but can also be used to help any students identify
career paths. Learn more about the ASVAB on the College and Career Website at
https://www.westada.org/Page/69609 Sign up by Friday, October 29th.
OCTOBER IS COLLEGE APPLICATION MONTH!
- Seniors and Parents: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Night is Thursday, October 21st in CHS’s Career Center at 6:30pm. Hands-on FAFSA Night will walk parents/students through the online process of applying and completing the FAFSA. Let us know you are attending by filling out this link below.
7 things you need PRIOR to FAFSA Night:
*Your FSA Account ID
*Your Social Security Number
*Your Driver's License Number
*Your 2018 Tax Records
*Records of Your Untaxed Income
*Records of Your Assets (Money)
*List of the School(s) You Are Interested in Attending
CHS Patriot Boosters
It's that time of year to get involved with the PTA for our Celebrate Centennial Gala! Our biggest fundraiser of the year, and we invite all athletics, academic clubs, and activities to participate. If you are interested in getting involved, sign up here.
Want to know how the Gala will be executed this year? After you sign up to participate, don't forget to watch the video to get all your questions answered (link found in sign up or HERE). Just so you have all the due dates in one place though, here is when everything is due:
Auction Baskets- October 31st
Large Auction Items - October 31st ( Live Auction Item examples- cabin stays, lawn care, ski passes, BSU tickets, boat for the day, RVs, staycations, etc. earn the most money. Bidders like to buy experiences!)
We are so excited for this event and to work with each of you! Once you have signed up, a member of CHS Boosters will get in touch with you to discuss more in detail.
CHS Patriot Boosters
Are you experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Fever (100 degrees farenheit) - without having to take any fever-reducing medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- New or unusual headache
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite
- Congestion or runny nose
One or more of these symptoms that is a new onset or is an increase in severity.
Yes, I have symptoms.
- Had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19? (Refer to "Exposed - How to Quarantine")
- Traveled to OR live in an area that is designated substantial community transmission?
If no to all of these questions OR If you have been vaccinated:
- Stay home until you are symptom free for 72 hours without fever or symptom reducing medications.
If yes to one or more of these questions:
- Contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Quarantine yourself for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.*
- Notify your child's school that they will be absent.
*A healthcare provider note with a sooner return to school/work date will be accepted.
*See link below for more info on how the quarantine policy works
- 2021 Yearbooks: If you have not picked your yearbook up from last year please see the Bookkeeper
The Centennial High School Yearbook staff needs your pictures!
Submit photos that show you:
-Having fun this past summer
-Working hard at your after-school job
-Posing with your pet(s)
-Playing a musical instrument
-Standing by the car you drive to school
-Hanging out with friends on the weekends
Click on the link below to submit your photos: