For the Week of: Jan. 11 - Jan. 15
Important Reminders to Add to your Calendars!
- January 14 - Spirit Night at Chik-Fil-A from 4-8 p.m.
- January 15 - Clowes Hall Field Trip Permission slip and money due!
- January 18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - No School!
- January 19-22 - SPARC Canned Food Drive
- January 22 - Family Game Night from 7-8 p.m. More info to come!
- January 25-29 - College and Career Week Dress up Days!
- February 2 - PTO Meeting in the Media Center @ 7 p.m.
- February 5 - Gator Gear Day
- February 5 - Cookies and Canvas Event from 7-9 p.m. More info to come!
- February 12 - Friendship Party (3:10-3:40 p.m.)
- February 21 - Spirit Day @ Gymnastics Company from 1-2:30 p.m.
- February 24 - Clowes Hall Field Trip
College and Career Week
Dress up Days: January 25-January 29
Monday: "Your Future is Bright Day" - Wear your favorite pair of sunglasses!
Tuesday: "Oh the Places You'll Go" Day - Dress up as what you would like to be when you grow up!
Wednesday: "Honor Your Teacher" Day - Wear the colors (or actual spirit wear) of the college your teacher attended! (Ball State)
Thursday: "South Creek Prepares us for College" Day - Wear your SC Spirit Wear!
Friday: "College Spirit Wear" Day - Wear college spirit wear or wear the colors of your favorite college!
Clowes Hall Field Trip
Wednesday, Feb. 24th, 10am-12pm
4602 Sunset Avenue
What: Elephant & Piggie's We are in a Play!
When: Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. - noon
Where: Clowes Memorial Hall
Cost: $10 cash or check made out to South Creek Elementary. Please put your child's permission slip and money in a sealed envelope labeled with his or her name!
What to Bring: Students will need to bring a sack lunch from home to eat in our classrooms when we return from the trip.
Description of the Play: "Elephant Gerald is an elephant: lumbering, formally attired, prone to melancholy. Piggie is (what else!) a piggie: perky, smiley, and full of fun. Total opposites? No way! In Mo Willems’s beloved, award-winning, best-selling children’s books, Elephant Gerald and Piggie are best friends! And in We Are in a Play! Elephant Gerald and Piggie sing and dance their way through plenty of pachydermal peril and swiney suspense–facing fundamental questions like, what do you wear to a fancy pool costume party? Should you share your ice cream? And how can two friends play with one toy? So get ready for a musical experience ripped from the pages of your favorite books."