Vol. 8, Issue 26; March 19, 2021
Covid Testing Clinic Following Spring Break
Senior Portraits Needed
We must also have signed consent from your photographer to publish your senior portrait in the newspaper. Please sign and return this consent form for use of your senior portraits to Mrs. Taylor in the main office (click the blue link to open). Thank you!
Here are a few reminders:
- Please DO NOT send your child to school if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Please contact the main office to let us know if you will need to keep your child home for any reason.
- Pay close attention to any emails or phone calls from the school. If there are any schedule changes or we need to move back to remote learning, you will find out via email and automated phone call.
- To keep our community as safe as possible, please practice mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing, along with using hand sanitizer when needed, both in and out of school.
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are always invited to the online meetings of the work group on diversity, equity and inclusion. The task is to present the Board of Education with a draft policy within calendar year 2021. We are having speakers and activities as well as diving into policy. Come join us! email@example.com or 518-946-7851.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information!
- Tri-Lakes Human Society Pet Portrait Fundraiser: See below for more information!
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
Every second Saturday of each month, the Lake Placid Ecumenical Food Bank will hold a food drive with drop-off in the St. Agnes School/Church parking lot from 9am-12pm. All food donations are welcome.
Food is distributed every Friday at the garage behind St. Agnes Church from 9am-12pm and is open to anyone who is in need. Thank you for your donations and support!
Summer Job Opportunities
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
April 13, 2021
April 20, 2021
May 4, 2021 (Budget Hearing via zoom)
May 18, 2021 - Budget Vote
May 19, 2021 - Board Meeting to adopt the budget