September Room 202 News!
Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy
I look forward to staying connected with all of Room 202's families!
We have begun a couple new art programs! Poetry with Ms. Doyle and Drama with Ms. Tillman. This is a wonderful opportunity, and the class has had a great time thus far.
Please sign up for Remind.com if you haven't yet. This web messaging service is a great way for us to communicate. Find it at: remind.com/join/murate
- add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
- Strategically add and subtract to solve word problems using the base 10 system.
- understand how decimals and fractions can represent the same value.
- add and subtract decimals using concrete models, and relate these models to written methods.
- write simple expressions to represent math problems involving decimals.
- estimate using rounding and benchmark numbers, and compare their estimates to calculate solutions to determine their reasonableness.
October 6 - Field Trip - Academy of Science- Biodiversity study in Golden Gate Park (Permission slips have been sent out, and I am looking for 5-6 chaperons)
Oct. 17-21- Puberty Education- this will be led by S.H.E. (Superstar Health Education) provides high quality, fun and interactive puberty and sexuality education for children, youth and adults of the Bay Area.