By Brandi Rakentine
- She was a feminist
- Attended an anti-slavery society in Boston
- She was a British writer
- Was a political activist
- Brought up marriage, children, home, religious life, and race relations in her writing
- Focused on moral stance
- Won numerous rewards with her books
- She published over 50 books and over 2,000 articles in her lifetime
- Wrote about female education
- Tried to equalize men and women
If a test of civilization be sought, none can be so sure as the condition of that half of society over which the other half has power.
You had better live your best and act your best and think your best today; for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow.