January 1st, 2022
Happy New Year to you all! On behalf of everyone here at Monroe, we wish you and your family all of the best in this new year of 2022!
We hope and trust that this wintery Winter Break has been a good one and that you were able to enjoy family, friends, and time for yourself. Your children bring great joy to our lives and while the break was appreciated, we have missed each of our Eagles and look forward to their return shortly.
As noted, we return to school on a normal schedule this coming Monday, January 3rd. In doing so, there are a few key dates, reminders and notes pertaining to the next few weeks of school. As you have time, please read through the below updates including the two no school dates in January (1/17 and 1/31).
- Monday, January 3rd - School Resumes (Normal Schedule)
- Thursday, January 13th - PTA Meeting (6:30pm)
- Monday, January 17th - Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service (No School)
- Wednesday, January 19th - Monroe Skate Night (PTA Event at 6:30pm)
- Friday, January 28th - First Semester Ends
- Monday, January 31st - Teacher Work Day (No School)
- Friday, February 11th - (Tentative) PTA Sweetheart Social
- Monday, February 21st and Tuesday, February 22nd - Mid-Winter Break (No School)
This month, we will introduce the theme of I AM + WE ARE to our Eagles. As the National Day of Service honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. approaches, we will collectively explore Dr. King's life and leadership. Through this extended learning opportunity, we will move through and beyond important biographical details of Dr. King's life and seek to connect with the past and present of the Civil Rights Movement. As planned, this will involve school-wide lessons, classroom learning opportunities, interactive visual boards in our hallways, and aligned grade-level learning opportunities.
Through these efforts, we are working to honor Dr. King and the many brave Civil Rights leaders by better understanding their historic efforts and the needed changes that were brought about across our country. Likewise, the modern civil rights movement is working to address the less visible but very important inequities that remain within and across our society. Through an examination of service leadership, we will explore the ever present need for everyone in America to have a fair, equitable chance to achieve his or her full potential.
The I AM + WE ARE theme specifically seeks to connect our Eagles with the positive and continuous development of their identity as well as their role in the collaborative "we" of our school, community, state, country, and world. Please watch for updates via our Monroe Twitter page and our school webpage across the coming weeks and months.
Below are details specific to both of the levies. In addition, we encourage you to click here for access to our district website and additional information specific to these important levies. For specific information related to Monroe, please click here for details regarding these two levies and our campus.
Most importantly, we encourage you to vote on or before February 8, 2022. On behalf of our school and the Everett Public Schools, we thank you for your time and consideration!
The first, an auditory upgrade, brings the new Juno classroom sound systems to our school. These sound systems provide a vastly improved sound experience for our students by allowing our classroom teachers to speak, with normal volume, and reach every student in the class, regardless of location. The Juno sound system utilizes speakers accessed by a microphone that conveniently hangs around the teacher's neck via a lanyard. Please click here for details and technical specifications for these new Juno systems.
The second upgrade brings interactive flat panels (below) to our classrooms. These will replace our well-used projectors in providing our students with better visual instruction. Unlike our projector systems, these boards are purposefully interactive and allow teachers/students with real-time opportunities to write, draw, and highlight visual content. These panels are set to be installed in our classrooms across the coming weeks and will be available for use immediately after installation.
Again, thank you for these exciting upgrades - We look forward to hear and seeing the feedback from our Eagles as these new, dynamic learning supports are introduced in our classrooms.
Each month, our Everett Public Schools send a newsletter to all of our families with information pertaining to all of our schools/programs. The January version of our newsletter is attached below for your consideration. In this month’s newsletter, you will find updates on each of the below topics.
- Replacement Levies on the February 8th Ballot
- Important Information Pertaining to Weather Related School Delays or Closures
- School Board Appreciation Month (January)
- The EPS Safety Tip Line
- Good Citizenship Day (1/14)
Thank you again for your time in reading through this update. On behalf of our entire Monroe Team, we wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2022!
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School
Fax 425-385-7302 Fax
Missed an Update?
Below are links to previous Monroe Updates:
- December 16th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- December 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- November 5th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 22, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 17, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 7, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 26, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 18, 2021: English Version - Spanish version
- July 30, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version