Generally cooler and wetter than any nearby lowlands.
- Temperature falls as altitude increases, so highland regions are colder than the region that surrounds them.
- Increasing altitude produces climate changes similar to the climate changes you would expect with increasing latitude.
- The latitude is found all over the world.
These highlands reach from Calendonia all the way to Carolina.
These highlands are located in Indonesia.
These highlands are located in the country of Malaysia. They occupy an area of 712 square kilometers.
Seasons and Temperature Range
- The Polar and Arctic air masses dominate these regions. Canada and Siberia are two air masses that fall into this group.
- The air mass of the Polar meets with the air mass of the Arctic along the 60th and 70th parallel.
- The temperature range is -18 degrees Celsius to 10 degrees Celsius.
This highland is the Scottish Highland.
Highland Falls, NY
This highland is located in NY and is a very beautiful color during the fall.
The Archie's are located in Britain.
Factors Affecting Climate
Even though there are different highlands in different place, they all have something in common. The Latitude, Altitude, and the Mountains. The Latitude is all over the earth and the Altitude changes the higher or lower the mountain is. They both change depending on the higher or lower a mountain gets.