4 Day Diet
- Induction: The first phase is about getting rid of toxins by eating mostly fruits, vegetables, beans, and legumes.
- Transition: You start reintroducing foods without overdoing it.
- Protein Stretch: You’ll load up on protein, such as lean meats, fish, and eggs.
- Smooth: This is where you cheat a little bit. You can add some pizza, pasta, burgers, or hot dogs. Just don't stuff yourself.
- Push: This is a hard part. You will need all your mental energy to get through these 4 days of limited calories and at least 1 hour of cardio a day.
- Pace: You keep a steady exercise and balanced diet going.
- Vigorous: This one is the strictest part where 4 days of mostly vegetables and fruit, plus tons of cardio.
Debunking Diet Myths
1. What are the claims made for this diet? You may lose up to 12 pounds and the difficulty level of the diet is at a medium.
2. What facts have you learned, from the text and elsewhere that might make you suspicious of these claims? If you are wanting to lose more than 10 lbs you may want to find a long term diet.
3. What can you eat and what is forbidden or limited? Sugared foods are discouraged but depending on the day, certain foods are forbidden and allowed. Also alcohol and soft drinks are not allowed.
4. Why might people who want to lose weight be particularly vulnerable to promises and claims of this diet? The diet is somewhat easy due to it being only 4 days. You may get hungry because its a low calorie diet, but its nothing you cant push through for a day or 2.
5. What might some long term health issues if someone was on this diet for an extended period of time? They wouldn't get there full amount of nutrition, ex. protein, carbs.
6. Add any other important pieces of information you feel are important. You must drink at least 4 glasses of water per day.