The U.S Monetary System
By Jake Basch
* Created to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.
*Governs borrowing by depository institutions.
*Provides guidance for conducting inspections of bank holding companies
*Seven district Banks and one central bank.
Board of Governors
* Partially governs the Fed in Washinton D.C.
* Discusses monetary fluidity.
* Makes monetary polices.
*Increases/ decreases inflation.
*Made up of Distric Bank presidents.
*Discusses money flow.
Bureau of Engraving and Printing
* Makes all paper money.
* Takes old, worn dollar bills out of circulation.
* Redesigns money for more security.
* Makes all U.S coins.
* Fort Knox holds gold for other money.
* Only two locations actully makes coins.