LAKE TRAVIS VOLLEYBALL
LTVB season equipment- EQUIPMENT LIST FOR ALL LEVELS IS BELOW.
PLAYER & PARENT CONTACT INFO NEEDED **Exclusive ONLY TO THE PLAYERS & PARENTS of Lake Travis High School.
Player Contact Information
PARENT CONTACT INFO
ALL PAPERWORK LISTED NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO TRY-OUT!
Please email all physical, medical history and ECC paperwork to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. The hard copy needs to be turned in to the athletic office. Please make a copy of the paperwork before you turn them into the athletic office as a backup.
PLACES TO GET YOUR PHYSICAL
* FAMILY EMERGENCY HOSPITAL (across from Steiner Ranch Randall's on 620) is giving $15.00 sports physicals. All proceeds go towards the booster club of your choice. Please list Lake Travis VB Booster. If your interested call 512-851-1011 to schedule an appt. They are open 24/7 and have an open schedule.
Summer Expectations (8 weeks) (56 days)
- Come in ready to go- that could make a huge difference
- Stay out of trouble- stay busy- avoid boys
- Summer challenge packet will be emailed and given to our HS kids
- Nutrition is a priority this summer. Please make sure the last 4 weeks of summer starting July 5th the girls eat and hydrate to prepare for the upcoming season.
- CAVS Course- June 11- July 19 Mon. Tues. & Thurs. 8-10 am or 10-12 pm
- Open Gym Opportunity- June at LT Tuesday thru Thursday 6-8pm
- Beach training (optional) - Project Serve Bobby Jones and his staff- Tuesday & Thursday 6-9 pm, Sunday 2-4pm (Domain & LTHS)
- Freshman Camp (Incoming Freshman)- July 23rd thru 25th at LTMS (8:00 am- 12:00 pm)
- Team Camp (returners only)- Tonya Johnson coaches July 30 & 31 (9:00am-12pm, 3pm-6pm) Cost $150.00 You will register on July 30 starting at 8:15 am please bring cash if possible
- Great Lakes Camp (Sports Performance) https://greatlakescenter.com/camps/
- Hill Country Indoor- AIM program & open gym opportunities in July for people interested in training. ($5.00 drop-in fee, free for members)
- College Elite Camps- if you are interested in visiting a campus or meeting specific college coaches.
- Club Camps- Look into skill camps that will prepare you for next year.
- Private Coach- Talk to me if you’re interested
20 minute workout- This will be performed at tryouts
FRESHMAN NEED TO ATTEND FRESHMAN CAMP JULY 23RD-25TH 8-12PM AT LTMS
SIGN UP FOR FRESHMAN CAMP & CAVS COURSE LINK BELOW
SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOT MANDATORY)
GREAT LAKES CAMP (TEXAS STATE & ROUND ROCK)
AIM SPORTS (HCI)
Sand Volleyball Training
SUMMER OPEN GYM OPPORTUNITY
June Open Gym Dates: Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 6pm-8pm
July NO Open Gym here at LT: We will be getting our gym AC & Floors fixed this summer which will limit open gym in July here on campus.
HCI will be offering days for open gym for $5.00 drop-in fee and free if you are a member.
There might be some opportunities to work out at HCI. Check their website!
2018 Team Try-out Information- WHAT TO EXPECT
- Athletic Ability- 20-minute workout, speed, power, reaction time, vertical jump, hustle, effort, etc.
- Skill Technique & Mechanics- evaluate (Passing: rate sr, freeball & defense digs, Setting: location & tempo, Serving: speed & location, Hitting: power & location)
- Ball Handling- Overall Consistency, 1st, 2nd & 3rd contact
- Judgement & Focus- eye movement, proper calls, making good game-time decisions, strategy on the court, competitive nature, following directions
- Teamwork- Works well with others, has a good rapport, eye contact, communication is positive
- Important X-Factors: leadership, enthusiasm, effort, hustle, aggressiveness, physicality, chemistry, etc.
WEEK 1 practice schedule
August 4th Scrimmage at LT
Aug-Nov Tentative Calendar- Check back in one week with an updated schedule
High School Contact Information:
Booster Club Officers Contacts
BE A VOLUNTEER AND GET INVOLVED
SOCIAL EVENTS TO SAVE THE DATE
Tuesday, July 31st, 6:15pm
3324 Ranch Road 620 South
RSVPs are enabled for this event.