Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 21
TLAP Quote of the Week
P is for Pirate
Dave and Shelly Burgess wrote a book which is the Inspirational ABC's for Educators. Every week I will include a snippet from the book.
U IS FOR UN
Unwavering in our commitment.
Unleashed in our creativity.
Uncommon in our methods.
Unbroken in our spirit.
Unmatched in our effort.
Uninhibited in our passion.
Unabashed in our enthusiasm.
Uncompromising in the pursuit of happiness.
We need a lot more of this kind of "UN" in education. (Don't forget to put the F in front of it, too!)
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
- 2/15 Bookfair Begins
- 2/16 4th Grade Math CBA#3
- 2/16 TELPAS Calibration
- 2/16 Committees
- 2/18 1st Grade Program
- 2/19 Bookfair Ends
- 2/23 4th Grade Writing Simulation
- 2/23 5th Grade Math Simulation
- 2/24 5th Grade Reading Simulation
- 2/25 3rd Grade Math CBA#3
- 2/25 TELPAS Student Practice Day (Erin will pull students in the morning)
- 2/26 Progress Reports Go Home
- 3/1 Vertical Teams (Math/ELAR) 3:15pm
- 3/3 2nd Grade Math CBA#3
- 3/6 Edcamp at SAGU (if you'd like to go:)
EdCamp at SAGU
February Teacher Birthdays
February 4th - Terry Moore
February 19th - Lauren Williams
February 28th - Adriane Wuerch
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.
Did you know....
- That Terry Moore made a Science game that is very close to being sold on Amazon?
- That Mike Wooten has made his own math game and is working on an ELAR game?
- That Kindergarten had their materials delivered this week for their garden and worked this week to get it set up?
- That Irvin staff rocks?