Bringing families together, one newsletter at a time!
Monday, August 19, 2019
"Wishing you and your families all the best for a happy and adventurous school year!"
~ The Orange County Inspire Team
Quote of the Week
School News and Important Dates
Back to School Adventure Day!
When: Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: TWO locations
Dinosaur Park - 25555 Alicia Pkwy, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
TeWinkle Park - 970 Arlington Dr. Costa Mesa, CA 92626
We look forward to seeing you there!
Fall School Photos are available at both Back to School events!
Dinosaur Park School Pictures Information (25555 Alicia Parkway, Laguna Hills, 92653) Thursday, August 29 from 10am-12pm and enjoy the lasting memory of a school photo.
Sign up for a specific time slot and pay ahead to make the process quick and easy.
Last-minute additions are always welcome.
TeWinkle Park School Pictures Information (970 Arlington Dr, Costa Mesa, 92626) Thursday, August 29 from 10am-12pm and enjoy the lasting memory of a school photo.
There is no need to sign up for a specific time slot. Last-minute additions are always welcome.
Tips for a great school photo:
* Bright colors are recommended. It's a good idea to avoid white, busy patterns, and logos.
* Glasses can be worn but let the photographer know if you would like your child photographed with or without glasses.
* Siblings are always welcome to picture day. 1 group photo is free of charge if at least one student package has been purchased. Each child requires a separate order of a package for individual photos.
Prints and ID cards will be delivered via USPS mail.
We look forward to seeing you!
Tustin Picture Day
Coffee and Conversation with your Family Liaisons
Join Inspiring Parents Tonight!
Click the link below to join Inspiring Parents_Live @ 5 each Monday in August: http://bit.ly/InspiringLink
Need recordings from past Inspiring Parents ranging from advice about homeschooling, curriculum, Online Subscription Package, co-ops, homeschooling middle-high school, and more? Sign up here to receive recordings and resources: http://bit.ly/SignUpInspiringParents
Community Connections: park days, high school hangouts and more!
Introducing the ALL NEW Community Connections for Orange County! We are thrilled to help families build community within the OC area. Please see this CC Newsletter for all the activities taking place for September. September 2019 CC Newsletter for OC And reach out to any of our wonderful Community Coordinators with any questions you may have.
Curriculum at the Lending Library
California Homeschool Parent Association
- Got Questions? Watch This Video!
- More Questions? Read our FAQ’s!
- Ready to Become a Member? Fill Out The Membership Form
Member Elections are coming up for our first Executive Board and 10 Regional Community Councils
Join our CHPA Facebook Group Today!
Heart of Homeschooling
Parent Education Program
Meets once a month in a large forum, in a smaller home group, or individually in your own home. Grow and learn together, share ideas and become stronger and more solid in your vision of homeschooling for your family.
September through May! Watch for more information coming soon!
Grow - Cultivate your homeschool heart, create a Mission Statement
Learn - History of education, homeschooling, public school, & charters
Discover - Teaching style, learning styles, and homeschool methods
Connect - Community Connections, CHPA, Clubs, Committees, & Co-ops
Cultivate - Mentorship & Apprenticeship, make a plan for you & kids
Fertilize - Invest in yourself. Choose one area to work on and grow
Seasons - Study child development, family seasons, High school, & IEP’s
Droughts & Storms - Make a plan for when this happens. Be ready!
Sowing Seeds - Create a family service plan to give back to others
Enrichment Ordering Information
We hope the following reminders about ordering, dates, guidelines, etc will help you on your homeschooling journey!
Enrichment Ordering Information
- Our systems are optimized for CHROME browser. If you don’t have it, you can download it to both your computer and your phone easily.
- Your login information will be the same for each of the ordering sites: Field Trips and Events, Enrichment Ordering System and Lending Library.
- Missing funds and/or students questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your password isn’t working on any of the platforms listed above, simply hit “Forgot Password?” and check your email to get your new one.
- Remember that all services requested must begin on or AFTER August 20th, the first day of school.
- Our Enrichment Staff works quickly but are also processing thousands of orders. Have patience and expect a 4 - 6 week wait depending on your requests.
View EOS tutorials:
1st How To Video:
2nd How To Video:
Here are the links for each site:
- EOS- Enrichment Ordering System https://www.icsinspirationstation.com
- FTE- Field Trips and Events https://www.icsinspirationstation.net
- LLS- Lending Library System https://www.icsinspirationstation.org
Non-Consumable Item Returns
Do you have enrichment items that you are looking to return this year? You can drop off the non-consumables you no longer want or need to our Costa Mesa Lending Library.
Please note, non-consumables do not need to be returned until you withdraw from our school, so this is purely voluntary.
Here is the Enrichment Return Item Form that you need to fill in with your return.
New Middle School Program - ChoicePlus Bridge powered by Bridgeway
Academic Decathlon joining ChoicePlus Academy this Fall!
Deep Look Series on YouTube
Watch science and nature videos up close (really, really close). Twice a month, get a new perspective on our place in the universe and meet extraordinary new friends. Explore big scientific mysteries by going incredibly small. DEEP LOOK is a ultra-HD (4K) short video series created by KQED San Francisco and presented by PBS Digital Studios.
Stream the video below with finding real sand crabs at the beach for an educational homeschooling adventure!
5 Simple Steps to Plan a Year of Homeschool Unit Studies
"Unit studies can be a really fun part of your homeschool, but as a new homeschooling mom it can be really intimidating to plan one out. What do you study? What should you read? How do you do it without a curriculum laying it out for you?
Thankfully, the process really isn’t as scary as it seems. With the simple tips in this post you’ll be able to plan unit studies like a pro, and you’ll be well on your way with your back to homeschool prep!"
Read the full article here.
Smores with a Ranger at Crystal Cove State Park
When: August 23, 2019 from 7pm-8pm
Where: Berns Amphitheater (PCH inland at stoplight School-State Park, follow signs towards the campground)
Cost: $5 sunset rate
Invite Your Friends To Our Info Sessions
Have a friend who asks about Inspire's amazing team and benefits? Do your friends ask you about homeschooling? We'd love to meet them at one of our upcoming Information Sessions!
Enrollment for the 2019-2020 year is open here now! Current parents do not need to re-enroll, your HST has sent you a Master Agreement to sign for 2019-2020.
Below you'll find some of our upcoming Information Sessions! To view our complete list of Information Sessions, please click here.