Soledad Unified School District
Weekly Newsletter - January 17, 2020
SOLEDAD YOUTH COUNCIL
Mental Health Awareness Summit at Soledad High School
- Suicide Prevention & Response
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness Training
- Trauma-informed Care/Healing
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- One to one therapy
Sun Street Centers also shared information about their services at Soledad High School & Main Street Middle School:
- LifeSkills Training (LST) which educates the students on tobacco, alcohol, and drug use; as well as teachers knowledge and skills that assist with personal development
- Peer Mentor Groups: Students who are referred by an administrator to visit with the facilitator on a rotating schedule
- S.T.E.P.S. (Safe Teens Empowerment Program): STEPS is a drug and alcohol prevention peer to peer mentoring after-school program
Other services offered at Soledad USD includes:
Harmony at Home for our elementary students. They include Sticks & Stones. Students are referred to Sticks & Stones to learn healthy ways to express their feelings and are taught how to stay safe at home.
Remember, Soledad Unified School District also provides the following:
- Counselors at all school sites
- Family Liaisions
- Services for Foster & Homeless Students
- Nurse & LVN
- Psychologist Services
- Zones of Regulation (beginning in elementary schools)
- Deescalation training for staff
The summit was a great success. In attendance were representatives from Assembly member Rios office; County Supervisor, Chris Lopez; Dr. Guss, County Superintendent of Schools; Michael McHatten, City Manager; Tim Vanoli, SUSD Superintendent; Randy Bangs, Associate Superintendent, all our Board Members, staff members, parents and students.
Contact SUSD to learn more about the resources offered to our students! The following individuals can help to identify the proper supports and get students connected to the appropriate personnel:
Randy W. Bangs, Associate Superintendent of Ed Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaniz Frank, Student Services Coordinator at: email@example.com
Wendy Salisbury, School Psychologist at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the Soledad Youth Council for organizing the event!
FACILITY PROJECTS UPDATE
Main Street Middle School Fields
Irrigation is in, let the hydro seeding begin!
Frank Ledesma Playground Project
| || |
Frank Ledesma Elementary Playground Project
The students at Frank Ledesma Elementary School are now enjoying and loving their new play structure! The project was completed during the Winter Break.
SOLEDAD EDUCATION FOUNDATION CARNIVAL - SAVE THE DATE!
Let's talk about the weather....in pictures
The rainbow at Frank Ledesma Elementary
and a rainbow at Jack Franscioni Elementary
The Santa Lucia Mountains
A view from the District Office
Santa Lucia Mountains
It was a cold day on Friday but...
We don't get snow too often this close to Soledad. We live in a beautiful valley!