Cougar Nation Announcements
April 29, 2020
Teacher Appreciation Week - May 4-8
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4th-8th. Although we have been away from school for a few weeks, we still want to show our teachers how much we appreciate all their hard work during the school year and during this distance learning time.
This year’s celebration will be different than years past, however, we can still make them feel just as special. The Parents Association has organized weeklong virtual events for your children to complete. We hope this will be viewed as showing gratitude for the love and support our teachers and staff show our kids versus busy work. Also, the Parents
Association will distribute a treat and goody bag later in the week to our teachers and staff. We know many of you like to spoil our teachers with personal gifts during this week and we encourage you to do so.
Please see the schedule below.
Monday, May 4th
- Share your favorite photos with Teachers and Staff on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation
- Today’s Special Message: Use this My Favorite Thing About My Teacher template to share what you love about your teacher.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/19ddZEMdbqFNYND5cJ1ILRX34CwR0vzB8/view?usp=sharing
Tuesday, May 5th
- Record a video message or write a letter to your teacher! You can email it directly to them, upload to your digital classroom, or share a photo on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this You Taught Me template to share something special that you learned from your teacher.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1htKmGNgJtApgGI-31C1bnhFEmu_gHl-W/view?usp=sharing
Wednesday, May 6th
- Dress up like your favorite teacher or staff member! Share a photo on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this Making You Proud template to share a special moment when you knew you made your teacher proud.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1BMl9EP6e-BqBxP-24zcgaNU4oncWy_gR/view?usp=sharing
Thursday, May 7th
- Give your teacher something special! Students can draw a picture, write a poem, sing a song — the sky is the limit! Share a photo or video on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this Favorite Memory template to share your favorite memory from your class this year.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1YaHSWf5zdvMMUiMpuu5QpRyDCABEZPh9/view?usp=sharing
FRIDAY MAY 8TH, 2020:
- Decorate your neighborhood for the teachers and staff so they can feel the love. Use sidewalk chalk to leave messages on driveways and sidewalks, create fun signs, and put them in your yard…anything is possible! Share a photo or video on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this What I’ll Miss template to share what you will miss most about your teacher.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1ZsGuqz60wMmsPH8IMbE-R2BvJ0r47vCc/view?usp=sharing
We encourage you to participate during these virtual events. The feelings that your children will get making others feel special will be just as rewarding as how our teachers will feel! Have a fun week!
Junior Ring Mass
The Junior Ring Mass has been postponed to the beginning of the upcoming school year. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will announce a time to pick up your rings from the school very soon. Thank you for your patience!
Juniors and Seniors Apply for the Leadership Team!
The Leadership Team will have a class this upcoming school year! We are working out whether it will count as an elective, dual credit, etc, but no matter what, it will be great!
In this class, you will have buddy classes for younger students (to be modeled after the PALS program), community building, service projects, prayer, and more. You will learn how to be a leader, how to deepen your relationship with Christ, what authentic discipleship looks like, and you will serve the community in so many ways! You don’t want to miss out, so please apply!
Answer the “Applicant Short Answer Questions” below and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email your Reicher teachers the “Teacher Evaluation”, also found below, and have them email their answers to me at email@example.com (you can copy and paste it to them if that is easiest!).
Submit your application no later than May 11th.
Other Important Information:
Due to COVID, we will not be conducting our normal interviews this year, so please make sure to answer the questions as best as you can.
The questions are short answer questions-- so there is no need to write an essay! But definitely write more than 2 sentences.
Mr. Atteberry and Ms. Frech will be discussing your applications and will let you know (through email) if you made the team by May 15th. If you make the team, we will send you a form of some team standards for you to sign electronically.
Applicant Short Answer Questions:
What motivated you to apply for the Leadership Team?
What qualities do you possess that would make you an asset to this team?
What would you like to learn during your time on the Leadership Team?
Describe your prayer life. Are you interested in deepening it? Why or why not?
Explain a time you saw God moving in your life.
What is the most important quality to have as a Catholic leader?
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, please rate the applicant in each of the
areas listed below:
1. _____ Seeks a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
2. _____ Exhibits Reicher’s Core Values of Joy, Unity, Pursuing Excellence, and Building Relationships
3. _____ Exhibits Leadership
4. _____ Exhibits Honesty and Integrity
5. _____ Shows Respect for Authority
6. _____ Shows Respect for Peers
7. _____ Follows Established Rules
8. _____ Ability to be a good representative for Bishop Louis Reicher on and off Campus
Comments if you have any:
Seniors - Let us Know Your Future Plans
Seniors Interested in Donating Blood for Red Cord
Below is information if you are interested in donating blood to get your Red Cord:
Select your location below:
Thursday, April 30, 2020
8am - 5pm
206 Archway Dr
Woodway, TX 76712
Thursday, April 30, 2020
8am - 5pm
206 Archway Dr
Carter BloodCare Bus in Parking Lot
Woodway, TX 76712
Appointments preferred to allow for Social Distancing.
Junior High Elective Choices
Incoming 7th and 8th-grade students should submit their elective choices for the next school year by April 30. The form to choose electives is in the 6th-grade math Google Classroom or in the 7th grade Religion Google Classroom.
New Student Referral Incentive Program
We recognize that our current school families are our biggest cheerleaders and best ambassadors. To thank you for referring new students and families to Bishop Louis Reicher Catholic School, we are implementing a New Student Referral Incentive Program. We will award a $500 tuition credit to a current Bishop Reicher family who refers a new family that enrolls their child(ren) at Bishop Reicher for the 2020-21 school year.
The referral program is for current Bishop Reicher parents or guardians who are paying tuition for currently enrolled students (PreK-3 through 12th grade).
The tuition incentive may not be applied to non-tuition fees (summer programs, cafeteria, athletic fee, academic fee, etc.) and may not be converted to cash.
The tuition incentive may not be transferred to another Bishop Reicher family.
Enrollment of the referred student is subject to the standard enrollment process and subject to administration approval.
Tuition credit rewards will be given for referring new families to Bishop Reicher (does not include returning families). To qualify for the incentive, referred students cannot have a sibling currently or previously enrolled at Bishop Reicher.
To qualify, referrals must be acknowledged by the new family on the new family’s application form during the admissions process.
Tuition credits will be applied in October for students starting at the beginning of the school year. Credits for students starting after the beginning of the year will be applied one month following the start date of the new family. To qualify, the new family must remain in good financial standing with the school for at least 30 days.