News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - September 10, 2021
Friday, September 10th: Welcome Back Popsicles on the Playground 5:30PM (more information below)
Thursday, September 16th: No school - Yom Kippur
Monday, September 13th: PEN - 5:30PM and 3rd and 4th grade - 6PM and Homeroom Parent Meeting - 7PM
Tuesday, September 14th: 1st and 2nd grade - 6PM
Warwick PTO News and Updates
- Friday, September 10th: Welcome back event: Popsicles on the Playground ~ 5:30 - 7:30PM
- Tuesday, September 21st: General PTO meeting - 7PM - Warwick Library (Please note this is a date change - originally scheduled for 9/14).
- Saturday, September 25th: DQ Event - more information below
News and Updates:
- Spirit Wear Sale - open now until September 19th! Order your favorite Warwick spirit wear!
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
I can't thank our Warwick community enough for your constant support! We have amazing students, staff, and families and I feel honored to get to work in such a wonderful and supportive building.
As you know, the Health and Safety plan (approved 8-31-21) is available for review on our website here. This plan includes required face coverings in accordance with the Order of the Acting Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Directing Face Coverings in School Entities.
Individuals, including students, staff, parents, and all visitors, who wish to request a mask exception must carefully review and submit the Central Bucks School District’s face covering exemption form. NO other form will be accepted for reason of exemption from the face-covering order. Please send the signed hard copy form to school with your child if they will not be wearing a mask.
I encourage all families to have a conversation with your child around the topic of face coverings so your child understands proper mask-wearing behaviors, but also your family's personal wishes. My hope is this will help our students make the best choices for themselves and their family.
Please know teachers and staff will provide gentle reminders, to those students wearing masks, to keep them fitted correctly, covering the mouth and nose and not under their chin.
As always, I appreciate your support and respectful collaboration as we work through this together.
Below my message, I have include Dr. Lucabaugh, our Superintendent of Schools, message about our district's current health and safety plan for easy reference, which was sent last Friday to all families.
Please reach out to me directly with any questions.
Thank you for your constant support.
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Health and Safety Plan Update (Message from Dr. Lucabaugh sent to families on 9/3)
Dear Central Bucks families,
During the August 31st board of school directors meeting, the board voted to approve revisions to the district’s health and safety plan. The revised plan, available for review on our website here, will go into effect on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. This plan includes face covering provisions in accordance with the Order of the Acting Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Directing Face Coverings in School Entities.
There are two primary goals guiding the district’s plan: the health and safety of our students and community, and the provision of full-time, in-person instruction, including all extracurricular activities. Our students learn best when they are physically present, interacting with one another in our schools. To that end, we ask that families review the key components of this plan, including the frequently asked questions, located on our website at www.cbsd.org/healthandsafety.
When our students return to school on Wednesday, September 8, please note the following as it pertains to the use of face coverings in our schools:
- The acting secretary’s order requires the use of face coverings in schools as follows: “Each teacher, child/student, staff, or visitor working, attending, or visiting a School Entity shall wear a face covering indoors, regardless of vaccination status, except as set forth in Section 3.” (Order of the Acting Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Directing Face Coverings in School Entities)
- The use of face coverings is included in the district’s revised plan as prescribed by the acting secretary’s order, until such time that the order expires.
- When the order expires, the plan includes required face coverings for elementary school students (grades K-6), and recommended face coverings for secondary students (grades 7-12) when Bucks County is at moderate, substantial, and high rates of transmission, and until a vaccine is available for children under age 12, taking into consideration vaccine administration guidelines.
- Individuals who wish to request a mask exemption must carefully review and submit the Central Bucks School District’s face covering exemption form. NO other form will be accepted for reasons of exemption from the face covering order.
The issue of masking has created much discord within our community. Now more than ever, our students need us to come together and be at our very best. I trust that our future interactions and conversations around this, and the myriad of additional issues facing our community, will reflect the respect and decorum we expect of our students, and that together, we commit to creating the conditions that support high quality learning experiences for every student. Thank you for your time, and your continued partnership in this shared endeavor.
Abram M. Lucabaugh, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools