NHW Weekly - April 18th
To NHW Parents/Guardians:
URGENT - Car Riders Pick up
We ask if you arrive and see the line out to the road, you pull into the fire hall or church parking lot and patiently wait till the line begins to move with the car riders. Or even consider not arriving until after 3:35 p.m. (on most days we do not begin car rider dismissal until this time).
For the safety of our students, and other drivers on the road, we cannot block the entrance or the roadway in anyway.
Thanks for your consideration and help with this.
Water Bottle Labeled with your Child's Name
Grade 4-6 Parents: A Resource Called "Paper"
Bedtime and Books - Grade 5
Grade Level: Fifth Grade
Date: Wednesday, April 27th
Link to join: https://meet.google.com/hvz-ecwf-wpv?authuser=0
PSSA Communications to Parents
Kindergarten Screenings -- NOW OPEN !!!
Moving Over the Summer Papers -- Due SOON
We appreciate those that have returned their forms to date.
Breakfast Changes this week
Tuesday - Muffin Top Chocolate Chip or Cereal Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Wednesday - Assorted Pop Tart or Assorted Bagel with cream cheese
Thursday - Cereal Lucky Charms or Mini Donut Holes
Friday - Frudel Apple or Assorted Cereal
Running with the Lions: Week 2 Re-cap
REGISTRATION COLOR FUN RUN - MAY 21ST
2022-2023 School Calendar
Click to enter Skyward, Volunteer Info, School Safety Tip Hotline, Transportation, Etc.
This Weeks PRIDE Winners Are.......
None this week
Lost & Found Items Still Unclaimed
May PTO Meeting
The May PTO meeting is scheduled for May 10, 2022 at 6:00pm
Location: NHW Library
- Soda/Monster Drinks -- Please no soda or monster drinks in packed lunches / Water only in drink bottles in classrooms. See student handbook pages 9 & 10.
- Attendance -- Students leaving before 12:10pm and not returning to school will be marked a full day absence. Please schedule appointments later in afternoon.
- NHW After School Hours -- If visiting the school grounds after hours, please make sure your children are supervised at all times. Please make sure to exit grounds at dusk, and we ask that no children are knocking on the windows of the school. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Hybrid Days --- Please click here as hybrid has changed from last year.
- Water Bottles -- Please bring water bottles for your child to fill up during the day
- Kindergarten Registration --- Do you have a child who will be 5 on or before August 31, 2022? Do you plan to register them for kindergarten? If so, the online kindergarten registration process opened on February 1st at kinder.rlasd.net.
- Color Fun Run - Purchase your tickets (May 21, 2022) at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/color-fun-run-tickets-288896596497 Questions, call Erin Rogers for more details (410-262-2969).
- After School Events -- If there is a change in schedule, please contact the office immediately so there is no confusion to where your child should be. Emails sometimes are not received till after students dismiss for the day.
- Memory Books - They will be delivered towards the end of May 2022.
- Hersheypark Tickets --- They will be delivered by mid May 2022.
- Bowling Sign - Up -- Bowling signup is closed till the Fall.
- Lifetouch Spring Pictures - Any problems, contact Lifetouch 1-800-743-8997
2021-2022 School Year
18 - Tax Day / No School for Students / Office Closed / (Weather Makeup Day (if needed)
19 - Mr. Fillizzi visits Grade 5 for Science Experiment
20 - Running with the Lions After School - Pickup 4:45 (Grades K-6)
21 - Elementary Flower Power /Tie Dye Spirit Day
21 - Joe Corbi Fundraiser Pickup 3:30-6:00pm
21 - Grade 4 Field Trip -- Raindate April 28th / Good News Club After School
22 - Mrs. Byrley's Beginner at LJM in PM
22 - Bowling After School
25 - Band Rehearsal at NHW
25 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
25 - Running with the Lions After School (Grades 4-6)
26 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
26 - Mrs. Byrley's Concert Orch. @ LJM in PM
27 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
27 - Running with the Lions After School (Grades K-6)
28 - Grade 4 Field Trip (Rain Date)
29 - Arbor Day / Mrs. Byrley's Beginner @ LJM in PM
29 - Bowling After School
2 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
3 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Mrs. Byrley's Concert Orch @ LJM in PM
4 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Orchestera Dress Rehearsal @ SH 6:00-8:00pm
4 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6
5 - Band Dress Rehearsal @ SH
7 - Spring Instrumental Concerts (Orchestra begins 5pm and Band 7pm @ SH)
8 - Mother's Day
9 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
10 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only / PTO Meeting 6pm
11 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only
11 - Running with the Lions After School Grades K-6 / PTO Spring Book Fair
11 - Parent Shopping PTO Spring Book Fair 5:00-7:00pm
12 - Grade K In-House Field Trip / PTO Spring Book Fair
13 - PTO Spring Book Fair Ends / Absentee Shopping for Book Fair
13 - Moving Over The Summer Paperwork Due
16 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
17 - ACT 80 Day - No School for Students / Office Closed
18 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6 (LAST SESSION)
19 - Red/White and Blue Spirit Day
21 - NHW Color Run Day (held at NHW Elem. School Building)
27 - Last Day of School for Students / Early Dismissal (TBA later)
27 - PM / Teacher Professional Development Day
30 - Memorial Day / Office is Closed
1 - PTO Roller-R-Way Night 6:00-8:00pm (more info to come)
2 - Office Closed in PM for the Summer (Tentative date)
Anyone needing inside the building, contact HughesS@rlasd.net to make
10 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
11 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
19 - Father's Day
3 - Red Lion Fireworks 9pm
4 - Independence Day
5 - Red Lion Fireworks 9pm (Rain date)
9 - PTO Meeting 6pm
13 - Red Lion Borough Street Fair 9:00am - 4:00pm
18 - Elementary Meet the Teacher Night
22 - 1st Day of School (Grades 1 - 12)
22 - Kindergarten Meet & Greet
23 - Kindergarten Meet & Greet
24 - Kindergarten 1st Day of School
** NOTE: District calendar days is subject to change as deemed necessary by the Board of School Directors **