Visit to Elmshorn
2) How can we get there?
- We can get there by plane 3h 30 mins
- We can get there by car 21h
3)The history of Elmshorn
- Since 1650, the north of Krückau located part Elmshorns belonged to the country of Rantzau.
- In 1657, during the First Northern War (1655-1660) the town was destroyed by Swedish troops under Charles X Gustav.
- The place Elmshorn was first mentioned in 1141 as Elmshorner.
- The city was charatered Elmshorn on 11 April 1870 John Bornhöft was the first mayor of the ciry.
- On April 26, 1945, the last Tiefflieger attack on Elmshorn took place with the advence of the British land forces to Schleswig-Holstein related. 6 on 16 and 17 February 1962 North Germany was hit by a severe storm surge that caused severe damage in Elmshorn urban areas.
- In the period from 1975 to 1977 large parts of the old town were demolished.
- In the 19th century Elmshorn experienced rapid population growth during the Industrial Revolution.
- 20th century: On April 1, 1938 Langelohe, Hainholz and parts of the municiplalities Klein Nordende-Lieth, Klein Offenseth and Raa-Besenbek city.
- The full Stadteordnung received Elmshorn on 23 March 1888th.
- It has it's own football club called FC Elmshorn II.
- FC Elmshorn II has about 600 members.
- Elmshorn's mayor is Volker Hatje.
- In Elmshorn there live around 51017 people.
- There live 2388 people for every square kilometer.
- Are there many congestions?
- What's the biggest company of Elmshorn?
- Who's the ricest person in Elmshorn?
- Does Elmshorn have financial problems?
- Who's the best footballer of Elmshorn?