Monday, October 19th - Friday, October 23rd
Week at a Glance
- Michelle Out
Tuesday, October 20th
- Tentative Maple Trip to the Whitney Museum
Wednesday, October 21st
1:15 - 5:15: Professional Development and Planning
Thursday, October 22nd
- Arian Out
Friday, October 23rd
- Madeleine, Marissa, and Teressa at VTS Year 1 Training
Saturday, October 23rd
12 PM - 4 PM: Fall Arts Festival!
This Week's Events
Building Open on Saturday, 10/17
Wednesday Planning and Professional Development
1:15 - 1:30: Staff Check-in (All Staff)
1:30 - 2:15: Kindergarten CST
- Second grade and first grade have prep time
- Operations staff has independent work time
2:15 - 4:15: Studio in a School Arts Session with Sara Wolfe (All Staff)
- As part of her residency, Sara does one professional development session per cycle with educators. In this session, Sara will discuss a technique or a practice to encourage arts-based experiences and arts integration in the classroom. We will also make some art together.
4:15 - 5:15: Integrated Unit Planning Time
To find tentative agendas for the next couple of Wednesdays, click here.
Fall Arts Festival
Post Fall Arts Fest Hang-Out
Saturday, Oct. 24th, 5:30pm
Michelle's House, 745 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY, United States
I will be hosting a post-Fall Arts Fest hang out on Saturday, October 24th. Whether you are attending, volunteering, or neither, feel free to stop by! We will start around 5:30ish (depending on how clean-up goes). There will be snacks and we will fire up our grill one last time and cook some veggies, hamburgers, veggie burgers, and hot dogs. There also may be some Halloween candy because why not? I will also have some bottles of wine, beer, and both fizzy and regular water, but feel free to bring other drinks if there is something that you want specifically.
If you are planning to come, RSVP so I can figure out how much food to get. Feel free to invite a friend, family members(including kids) or significant other!
Once you get to my place, instead of ringing the buzzer, come around the side alley on the right-hand side of the house to the backyard.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Coaching and Planning Schedules in the Coming Weeks
To Anna- Thank you for meeting with us to support students in the Elm Class. We are truly all in this together. - Shawn
To Teressa- Thank you for taking on our first second grade field trip. We are looking forward to spending the day exploring Prospect Park. - Shawn
Interesting Events and Reads
- An interesting article about mindfulness in schools
The Elephant in the Classroom by Jennifer Burns Stillman
- navigating, managing and capitalizing on diversity in schools