HHS Counselor Newsletter
During the school year, we will create a monthly newsletter filled with information related to mental health, academic advising, college/career, etc. Each newsletter will be similarly structured with important upcoming events and programs.
What We Do
- academic advising and intervention
- college and career exploration and counseling
- personal counseling
- scheduling and class selection
- planning for graduation
We also assist students with personal concerns, problem-solving, being a new student at Hampton, healthy decision making, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and substance abuse prevention. Ultimately, we are all here to support our students and their families; let us know how we can help! We look forward to working with you throughout the year.
A more thorough link to the school counseling services provided at HHS is available here.
How to See a Counselor
Be on the Lookout! Upcoming Events:
Senior Post-Secondary Workshop
Wednesday, August 28th and Thursday, August 29th
HHS English Classrooms
- Counselors will meet with senior students to discuss the following: Naviance, College/Technical School Applications, Letters of Recommendation, High School Profile. Students will also be given an opportunity to ask general questions (i.e. SAT/ACT score submissions, Common App procedures).
Financial Aid Night
Wednesday, September 18th, 6:00 pm
- Join us for an evening of information regarding FAFSA completion and an overview of the post-secondary financial aid process. A representative from PHEAA will present.
Monday, October 7th, 6:00 pm -8:00 pm
La Roche University, Kerr Fitness and Sports Center
- Meet with representatives from 140 colleges and universities to learn about campus experiences from the college representatives, to identify schools that offer your chosen major, and to receive information to take home and review. Hampton students who attend this event are eligible for a scholarship drawing, courtesy of the Northern Area Counselor's Consortium!
FAFSA Completion Event
Thursday, October 10th, 6:00 pm
HHS Library Computer Classroom
- A representative of PHEAA is available to help with FAFSA completion. Please bring any questions and documentation needed. (Here is a helpful checklist of documentation needed for FAFSA completion.)
Wednesday, October 16th, 7:30 am
Hampton High School
- Sophomores and Juniors will take the PSAT during the morning hours while Freshmen complete Career Readiness activities.
This school-customized website helps to guide individual students through the entire college planning, application and decision process. Students will be able to search for scholarships, explore careers, take interest inventories and investigate their learning style. Students will also be able to review academic and admission data for colleges across the United States.
Through the Family Connection section of Naviance, the counseling department will be able to share information with students and their parents about local and national scholarship opportunities, summer classes, community events, and other Web resources for college and career information