The Time Is Now
Three differences between Cyberbullying and Bullying
- Cyberbullying can happen 24/7 and can reach someone even when they are alone at any time of the day or night
- Cyberbullying messages or images can posted anonymously and can be distributed very quickly to a wide audience.It can be difficult and sometimes impossible to trace the source.
- Deleting inappropriate or harassing messages,texts,and pictures is extremely difficult after they have been posted or sent.
Effects of Cyberbullying
- health problems
- low self-esteem
- poor grades
- alcohol and drug use
- poor school attendence
Reporting a Cyberbully
- Report to Online Service Providers
- Report to Law Enforcement
- Report to School