Keller Staff Notes
By: Marcie Dryden, Principal
March 23rd, 2015
Our Keller Daily News Broadcast highlights school achievement and IB news!
- March 25th and April 1st: late starts for students and professional development for staff
- March 25th: Open House 6:30-8:00 pm
- March 30th-31st: IB Visit
- March 30th: MYP Personal Project Exhibit @ ROMS
- April 3-10th: Holiday & Spring Break -- No School
- April: 5th Grade M-Step Windows
M-Step Assessment Calendar
Please review the calendar below for the dates and times our students will be taking the M-Step State Assessment (this assessment is replacing MEAP). Please note that grade level chromebooks and computer lab will not be available during the testing times. We will also be closing the Media Center during these times as well. All testing dates have been put in the Keller Google calendar to help in planning for the months ahead.
- Tues. 4/14/2015 9:00-11:00 ELA- Online Test
- Wed. 4/15/2015 10:00-11:00 ELA- Classroom Activity
- Wed. 4/15/2015 1:15-3:15 ELA- Performance Task- Part 1
- Thurs. 4/16/2015 9:00-11:00 ELA- Performance Task- Part 2
- Tues, 4/21/2015 9:00-11:00 Social Studies- Part 1
- Thurs. 4/23/2015 9:00-11:00 Social Studies- Part 2
- Wed. 4/29/2015 10:00-11:00 Math Classroom Activity
- Wed. 4/29/2015 1:00-3:00 Math Online Test
- Thurs. 4/30/2015 9:00-11:00 Math Performance Task
- Mon. 5/4/2015 8:45-9:45 Science
- Tues. 5/5/2015 8:45-10:45 ELA- Classroom Activity
- Tues. 5/5/2015 1:30-2:30 ELA-Performance Task #1
- Wed. 5/6/2015 1:30-2:30 ELA- Performance Task #2
- Thurs. 5/7/2015 8:45-9:45 Science- Part 1
- Mon. 5/11/2015 8:45-10:45 Math- Computer Adaptive
- Tues. 5/12/2015 8:45-9:30 Math- Classroom Activity
- Tues. 5/12/2015 1:15-2:30 Math- Performance Task
- Thurs. 5/14/2015 8:45-9:45 Science- Part 2
- Tues. 5/19 9:15-11:50 ELA- Online test
- Thurs. 5/21 9:15-11:50 ELA Classroom Activity & BOTH Perf. Activities
- Tues. 5/26 9:15-11:50 Math Online Test
- Thurs. 5/28 9:15-11:50 Math Classroom Activity & Perf. Task
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. Please complete this survey before March 31, 2015.
Lost and Found
Learning in Action
PTA Electiions 2015-16
The PTA is looking for members to fill the following open position on the executive board for the 2015-16 school year:
- President - Presides at all meetings, is a member ex officio of all committees, coordinates the work of the officers and committees and attends meetings called by the Council.
Please contact Michelle Vinluan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or interest in any of the above positions.
*We are respectful
*We are safe and in control
*We are responsible learners
I will act in such a way that I will be proud of myself and others will be proud of me too.
I came to school to learn and I will learn.
I will have a good day.
Learner Profile Highlights
Don’t forget that the highlighted monthly learner profile and weekly behavior focus is on the Google calendar (every Sunday).