Mrs. Hardesty's Kindergarten Class
About Mrs. Hardesty
- Grew up in Hawesville, live in Henderson
- 10th year teaching
- Also taught 3rd and 4th grades
- Bachelor's and Master's Degrees from WKU
- Married for 9 years
- 5 year old son, Nolan and 17 month old daughter, Grace
Monday: Library and PE (wear tennis shoes)
Tuesday: Art and Music
Wednesday: Library and PE (wear tennis shoes)
Thursday: Art and Music (guidance every other week)
Friday: Arts rotation (dance, music composition, art, drama) Wear tennis shoes
Computer: Each day except Thursday
- Please call the office when your child is absent and send note to school when your child returns.
- If note is not sent, child will receive unexcused absence.
- Each K-2 classroom will use the following clip chart
- Students will start the day on blue (Ready to Learn)
- When a student has been extraordinary, they will move to purple (I’m Proactive). Students will receive a special note from the teacher and be sent to the office for special recognition.
- If a student makes a hurtful choice, they will move to green (Put First Things First). At this time students will be reminded of expectations.
- If a student makes an additional hurtful choice, they will move to yellow (Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood).
- If a 3rd hurtful choice is made, they will move to red (Think Win-Win) a Behavior Note/Office Referral will be completed and students will be sent to the office. Parent contact will be made if your child is on red.
Habit 1 – Be Proactive
“I am in charge of me!”
Habit 2- Begin with the End in mind
“I have a plan.”
Habit 3- Put First things First
“I will work first and then play.”
Habit 4- Think Win Win
“I win, you win, we win.”
Habit 5- Seek first to understand and then to be understood.
“I will listen before I talk.”
“Together is better.”
Habit 7- Sharpen the Saw
"I rest so I can work at my best.”
If your child is not following his/her normal routine for going home, you must send a note, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop in the office to make necessary arrangements. All changes need to be made before 1 p.m.