Sadler Means YWLA
Weeks of 4/11-4/16
Thank you for a FANTASTIC Open House!
Thank you for coming to Open House and supporting the continued success of our campus! We had about 100 guests! Our students led tours of the building in English and Spanish, and our teachers showcased all of the incredible things we do at Sadler Means YWLA!
Faculty and students who participated will be wearing jeans on Monday! We can't thank you enough!
Real Beauty Week
STEaM Night Success!
UT Chemistry end the night with a BOOM!
Tech Girls 3D printed Ms. Benson the ring of her nerdy dreams!
Ms. Matula organized a fun-filled day with the Trailblazer!!!
Certified Schoolyard Wildlife Habitat
Harvest and ISS Student Work
I want to thank you for making it a priority to give the students in ISS and Harvest current and relevant work. Please be on the look out for notification emails from Monica Thompson, Christy Barrett, and/or Ebony Alexander.
As a reminder:
- All teachers including floating teachers are required to be in the assembly
- Teachers must sit with their houses. More specifically, teachers must sit with their advisory classes. Floating teachers please sit with the students who have split advisories at the top of the bleachers.
- Starting next week, we will have the bleachers labeled with teachers names and Houses. (We will have Salubritas in the middle to make more room for faculty to sit with their houses).
- While in the assembly, you are still in charge of all the members of your class. If there are any behavioral issues, please have your student move to come sit by you. Proximity is extremely effective.
- Deduct or Reward points to your class members for behaviors during the assembly.
- If behaviors are not what they should be, contact parents to reiterate school expectations.
- Make sure students are not using their electronic devices.
- Reinforce school dresscode expectations.
The department chairs and team leads developed the following plan to make sure we can accurately track and reinforce dresscode expectations:
- The MM teacher checks dresscode daily during morning announcements by walking through the classroom and observing student uniform.
- If a student is wearing an item that is out of dresscode that can be removed, take up the item and give the student a pass to return to pick it up at the end of the day.
- If the student is out of dresscode and the item cannot be removed, complete the pink dresscode detention slip, and turn it into Ms. Sentena by lunchtime.
- Ms. Sentena will enter the student information and contact the student's parents to let them know about the infraction and required one hour after school detention the following day.
- The total number of infractions will be totaled and an announcement will be made if the students have earned the reward that will take place the following week.
THINGS YOU NEED:
Pink Dresscode Detention Slips
Passes for students to pick up items you have taken up
A copy of the Student Dresscode.
These items have been placed in your box.
Thank you for your diligence regarding this matter.
- Assembly- Reminder-New seating (Collegium/Salubritas/Integritas)
- LAPTOPS- 8th Grade through ELA classes
- TSI Testing- 8th grade (see email from Mary Wynn)
- LBJ TSI Testing-8th grade (see email from Mary Wynn)
- Nurse-Immunization Clinic (9-11AM)
- LAPTOPS-7th through Science classes
- Faculty Meeting (4-5PM)
- LAPTOPS-6th through Science classes
- PSS- Parent Registration Meetings
- PSS- Ready, Set, College Meeting
- CHOIR- Performance (11AM-1PM)
- TSI Testing-8th grade (see email from Mary Wynn)
- Librarian Appreciation Day!
- All Dojo points due (4PM)
- Partner Luncheon (11AM-130PM) student list in email
- House Reward winners will be announced
Friday 4/15 (YWLA and YMLA Event Schedule)
- HOUSE REWARD- Block Party at YMLA (see schedule in email-stay in advisory until students and teachers arrive back from YMLA)
- LBJ TSI Visit (see email from Mary Wynn)
- Foodie Friday!!!
- Garden Work Day!
- Snacks provided!
- RSVP to Ms. Dyer or Ms. Tole