Sept. 11, 2019
Week At A Glance
9/12 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field, 4:00 PM 7:00 PM
9/12 RHS Open House / Get Jeep Tickets, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
All Band Room, Lobby
9/13 Hall Band (Marching Band) Band Room, 7:30 AM - 8:10 AM
9/13 RHS vs. West Forsyth Marching Band Band Room, 6:00 PM - 11:30 PM
9/14 Jeep Event/ Get Jeep Tickets, All Farmers Market, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
9/14 Mini Camp Marching Band Practice Field, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9/16 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
9/17 Rehearsal Marching Band Stadium, 6:45 PM - 9:15 PM
9/19 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
9/19 JEEP Event All Canton Street, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
9/20 Hall Band Marching Band Band Room, 7:30 AM - 8:10 AM
9/20 RHS vs. Milton 8th Grade Night Marching Band Band Room, 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM
9/21 Fulton Co. Marching Band Exhibition Marching Band Cambridge HS,10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
9/25 JEEP Checkpoint All Band Room, 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
9/28 JEEP Event All The Dojo, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
9/29 Jeep Event All Aurora Cineplex, 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
10/2 Rehearsal Concert Band Band Room, 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
10/4 ExtravaBANDza All Band Room, 4:30 PM - 10:30 PM
10/5 Competition Marching Band Band Room, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Did you know you can synch the band calendar to your phone? There is an App for Charms or you can go online. You can sync the Charms calendar with your phone so you always have the latest activities and deadlines! https://www.roswellband.com/join/charms/about-charms-sync-phone-to-calendar-app-info/
Marching band Reminders
HALL BAND THIS FRIDAY
Please plan to wear a Roswell High T-shirt to Hall Band this week. On Friday at 7:30 a.m., students report to band room and get instruments. At 7:50 a.m., we walk through halls playing popular music. At 8:10 a.m., students will be on their way to their 1st Period.
FOOTBALL GAME - SEPTEMBER 13 This week’s game is at HOME! All marching band students should report to the PATIO by 6:00 p.m.
Checklist for the game:
- Eat dinner prior to arriving
- Wear bibbers and black uniform shoes; wear snug fitting shorts underneath. Wear black socks that cover your calves; ankle socks are not permitted with uniform.
Wear a white t-shirt; reapply deodorant. Bring water bottle already filled
- Cell phones are permitted at games.
- Bring money to purchase food at concession stand during 3rd Quarter.
Does your student need a meal at the football game? If you want to order a meal for this week’s game ONLY, you must place your order Thursday night (9/12) before by 10:00 p.m. Students can walk over to the Away Concessions Stand during the 3rd Quarter and pick up their prepaid meal. All meals come with chips and a drink. Click on link and scroll down to Single Meal for Football Home Game: https://www.roswellband.com/store/marching-band-store/
Can you help out at the game? We’re excited to see the great level of volunteering already! Home games require a lot of parent participation. Please volunteer at our first home against West Forsyth on September 13.
Sign up in Charms at https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=rswlhsb&v=4786471.
MINI BAND CAMP - SEPTEMBER 14
(Mandatory for all Marching Band members)
We will hold an all day rehearsal / mini band camp on Saturday 9/14 from 10:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m. All marching band members are required to attend. Parents: please be aware that practice BEGINS on the field at 10:00 a.m. Allow your child enough time to get their instrument and walk to the practice field.
Schedule is as follows:
10:00 to Noon Block 1
Noon to 1:00 Lunch
1:00 to 4:00 Block 2
4:00 to 4:30 Break
4:30 to 6:00 Block 3
● Wear practice clothes
● Bring sunscreen and water
● Meals: we will have an hour break for lunch (you can bring your own or go buy lunch)
● Break: we will have a 30-minute water/snack/fruit break
Volunteers Still Needed for Mini-Camp
We need parents to be on hand for each block to help supervise the students and assist them if necessary. We also need donations of fresh fruit for the afternoon break (i.e., orange slices, sliced watermelon, etc.) Visit the Charms calendar at https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms2/newcal.asp to sign up for these and all volunteer opportunities. We appreciate you!
FULTON COUNTY MARCHING BAND EXHIBITION
Performers from across Fulton County will present their collective talents during the annual Fulton County Marching Band Exhibition beginning at 5:45 p.m. on September 21, 2019. Join us for an evening of performances featuring 9-12 grade high school student musicians sharing their musical and visual entertainment excellence. The Exhibition takes place at the Cambridge High School Stadium in Milton, Georgia.
● Gates open @ 5:00 p.m.
● Parking is free.
● Tickets are $5 each.
Schedule for marching band students:
10:00 to 2:00 Rehearsal at Practice Field*
2:00 – 3:30 Lunch
3:30 – 4:00 Change into bibbers
4:00 Depart for Cambridge HS
6:00 RHS Band must be in the stands
7:10 Roswell Band performs
*Parents: please be aware that practice BEGINS on the field at 10:00 a.m. Allow your child enough time to get their instrument and walk to the practice field.
Classroom Band Reminders
FIRST REHEARSAL FOR CONCERT BAND Please mark your calendar! Concert Band Rehearsal is scheduled for Wednesday, September 25 in the Band Room from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
If you are missing this rehearsal, you must complete an Excused Absence Form electronically and submit to Mr. Moon BEFORE the date. Please be aware that even though a form has been submitted, it does not mean the absence has been approved. Mr. Moon will contact you directly to let you know. Excused Absence Request: https://forms.gle/5GDiyuwhRhPneEVe7
Band booster updates
You seriously need to come see the online band store if you haven’t been there in a while! We now have three “departments” for spirit wear, marching band and concert band. Each of the departments has the required items your student will need to purchase (if you haven’t already).
- If your student has outgrown their concert pants or lost their marching band water bottle, the online store has what you need.
- If your student was measured by Mrs. Smith at school for concert attire and brought home a piece of paper with their sizes, the online store is your one-stop shop for those items. If you have any questions regarding uniforms, please contact Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have wanted one of those groovy band water bottles for yourself or a cool Roswell Band t-shirt, this is the place. Check out is easy with PayPal and there are no extra fees!
● During RHS Open House on Thursday, 9/12, we will have a table in the Band Room lobby area available for families that still need a packet. Families that want to turn in orders and pick up more tickets are also welcome to come.
● We will hold another Jeep Event on Saturday, 9/14 at The Roswell Farmers Market at City Hall from 8-12. Parents are invited to come, promote the band and help sell tickets!
● On Wednesday, 9/25, we are holding a Jeep Meet Up in the Band Room lobby (near Mr. Moon's office). Families are encouraged to drop off first orders (25 sold) and pick up additional tickets. Target is 45 tickets sold per student! That’s 25 by 9/25; 20 more by 10/20.
Extravabandza food truck night is fast approaching! It’s scheduled for October 4th 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (The actual event takes place from 6:00 to 8:30.) Volunteer sign ups are now available on Charms! We are having a bake sale, so we will need a lot of yummy, individually wrapped snacks. It will be a great night with food trucks, face painting, a DJ, trick or treating for the kids, Star Wars characters and a whole lot more. The night ends with the Hornet Swarm performing their show with commentary by Mr. Moon! Ticket purchases can be made online or at the door. Make sure to tell your friends and neighbors about this fun family night!
The Band Booster Board is designing a directory to help our band community establish easy ways to communicate and get to know each other! The directory will contain student and parent contact information and will include a student photo as well as their instrument. Band members can access it via web browser or a handy mobile app! It will be extremely useful at football games, competitions, and other band events to help volunteers and staff quickly locate student and/or parent information in the event of an urgent situation or if parental consent is needed. Look for additional information over the coming weeks.
Want to opt-out of the directory? If you do not want your personal contact information included in the directory, please email: email@example.com