Hathaway School Community News
🎃🎃 - October 2021 - 🎃🎃
Para traducir en un teléfono celular, haga clic el círculo blanco y negro en la parte inferior derecha. Para traducir en una tableta, computadora portátil o computadora de escritorio a su idioma preferido, haga clic en el cuadro negro a la derecha que dice "traducir boletín informativo.”
- To translate on a cell phone, click on the black and white circle on the bottom right. To translate on a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to your preferred language, click the black box to the right that says, "translate newsletter."
Principal's Message 📢
Fall has begun and October is here! There is always a lot happening here at Hathaway! Please take a few minutes to read and review. Please let us know if we can help you or your student(s) out with anything!
- ELOG - Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant: Hathaway would like your input! We have an exciting opportunity to help our students and we would like your help. Please submit any ideas, suggestions or recommendations you may have to help us address our students' academic growth and social-emotional needs. All suggestions and ideas will be taken into consideration. Please submit them: HERE Thank you!
- Progress Notices for students, Friday, October 8th
- Staff Development Day - Monday, October 11th -no school for students
- Fall Picture day is coming up on Tuesday, October 12th
Reminder that EVERY WEDNESDAY is an early release day for students in grades first-fifth. Wednesday early release day is 1:02 pm.
If you or your student have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the office staff or me at 805-488-2217
Mr. Beneke - Principal
Free COVID Testing Sites!
Please read the attached letter from HESD for more information.
Two testing locations:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: Blackstock Junior High School, 701 E. Bard Road
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Haycox Elementary School, 5400 Perkins Road
Testing hours are 10:00 am. - 4:00 pm. at each location. Both testing sites are walk-up only, no appointments necessary.
To register your Hathaway student for COVID testing please click HERE. This link is ONLY for Hathaway students. Students only need to register once before the first time they take a COVID test at a district site.
Student and Staff Safety at Hathaway
Reminder to all that we will be continuing to practice safety first for all staff and students:
Temperature screenings will be conducted before students enter their classrooms.
Please screen your child at home each day for fever or symptoms and do not send your child to school if he/she is symptomatic or sick.
Students should not come to school if they have any COVID-19 related Symptoms such as:
Fatigue/Muscle or Body Aches
Fever above 99.5 degrees
Loss of Smell/Taste
Hathaway Neighborhood For Learning Classes available now!
A child’s brain develops faster from birth to age three than at any other period in life, building the foundation for a child’s future learning, behavior, and health. First 5 Neighborhoods for Learning (NfLs) are helping families raise children who are healthy, nurtured, and prepared for kindergarten supporting children prenatal through age five and their families.
Hathaway NfL has open enrollment and space for you and your child for our upcoming class sessions! Classes begin November 1, 2021.
Please Contact Blanca at 805-512-0220 for more information.
Neighborhoods for Learning English HERE
Neighborhoods for Learning Spanish HERE
First 5 Neighborhoods for Learning (NfLs) currently has centers open in Nyeland Acres, Hathaway Elementary School, Mar Vista and Rio Plaza. Hathaway NfL also host virtual classes as well!
Elizabeth Cervantes, BA Early Childhood Studies (she/her/hers)
Early Childhood/Family Support Specialist
First 5 Ventura County
2580 E. Main Street, Suite 203
Ventura, CA 93003
Make The Most Out Of Every Day at School!
Bring a water bottle with you to school. Drinking fountains are available in classrooms and so is the water bottle fill station in the cafeteria. Stay healthy and hydrated!
Facemasks are required on campus. Please bring at least one mask with you to school every day and wear your mask at all times unless eating or drinking.
If you need one, ask an adult. They have extra!
Please ensure your student brings their school-issued device charged and ready to go each day!
Kinder, 1st 2nd Grade = iPad
3rd, 4th 5th Grade = Chromebook
If you need one, ask an adult. They have extra!
- Students should come to school each day with their devices fully charged and ready for use.
- Chargers should stay at home.
- Students and families are responsible for the devices and chargers they are issued.
- If your student is in need of WIFI support/ please contact the school at 805-488-2217
October Lunch Menu
For detailed information about the 2021-2022 School year click below ↓
🕗 Hathaway 2021-2022 Bell Schedules 🕝
Every Wednesday is an early dismissal day!
Counselor's Corner Mr. Bravo
Please let us know if you or your student needs any support.
School Counselor: Clemente Bravo
805-488-2217 Extension: 1889 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the full resources of HESD Counseling Corner students and families click here: https://sites.google.com/hueneme.org/hueneme-school-counselors/home
You can also find additional support here: https://covid19k12counseling.org/.
Contact Us: 📬📞💻
Julien Hathaway Elementary School - 805-488-2217
Office Manager: Veronica Hernandez, email@example.com
School Counselor, Clemente Bravo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, Thomas Beneke, email@example.com
Need to contact your teacher?
- Contact your teacher during during school hours
- Seesaw or Google Classroom
- Call your teacher: 805-488-2217 +classroom extension