Week of February 8
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
Reminders and Information
2. Remember we all have duties each morning...some of us tutor, some of us in the grade levels, and some of us have been assigned morning duties. If you have been assigned a particular morning duty, please make sure you are there on time. Thank you to those who are always where you should be at all times. If you have a sub, please make sure that this duty is listed in your sub plans.
3. For grade level teachers, please make sure you are greeting your students in the hallways at your classroom entrance. Starting the day off right is one key to success for our students.
4. Please make sure you are taking attendance between 8:50-9:10. We are being audited and this a key component to our audit.
5. Keep being awesome. We are in the time of the year when the energy levesl can be drained. How are you taking care of yourself? How are we taking care of each other?
6. The emotional support and stability you offer to the atmosphere of your classroom and grade level is a huge key to success for our students (2nd key). Are you having fun with your students? "Are you entering the black hole?"
7. Teaching is one of the hardest jobs. Know that at Rasor we should feel proud about all we do each day. You are an incredible staff. Thank you.
UPDATED: Project Based Learning PLC Meeting next Thursday, February 18
- Thursday, February 18 at 3:30 at Academy High School
- 3 meetings will follow this first meeting
- You do not need to register - just come on if you are interested!
Important February Dates
- Tuesday, February 9 - Team Meetings
- February 8-11 - Kindergarten parent conferences
- Thursday, February 11 - International Fair 6:00
- Friday, February 12 - 8 am Assembly (Human Sundae) and Valentine Parties
- Monday, February 15 - Student Holiday and Professional Development (STAAR Security Training during the morning and TELPAS calibration afternoon)
- Week of February 22 - Engineering Week
- Week of February 29 - Mini PLC's Start
Articles Worth Reading
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia