SARTARTIA BOYS' ATHLETIC NEWSLETTER
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!
2WORDS OF INSPIRATION
Hello Jags! The UIL eligibility calendar highlights the eligibility status of athletes as it relates to all UIL related activities in the State of Texas.
COVID 19 GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS!!!
- Athletes will check in and complete the screening process each day before arriving.
- Athletes will be asked to provide additional information if they answered “YES” to any screening questions or if they do not feel well.
- Athletes will park or be dropped off at their group’s predesignated areas.
- Athletes will proceed to check in line and keep social distancing at all times.
- 6 Foot Rule – Maintain 6 feet of space between each other. This includes workout groups and common areas including restrooms.
- Physical Contact – Limit physical contact with others. Do not shake hands, hug, fist-bump or high five.
- Athletes will use hand sanitizer before entering the facility and during workouts.
- Restrooms – Student-athletes are required to wash hands; utilize the “one in one out” model; sanitize hands after exiting; trash cans will be placed near doors to encourage student-athletes to open the door with the paper towel used to dry hands.
- Hydration – Students will be expected to bring their own water. Student-athletes will be required to bring their own individual labeled water bottles/jugs/containers. They are prohibited from sharing water bottles
SARTARTIA BOYS TRACK!!!
- Due to the inclement weather the week of February 15, the first official track meet that was due to take place on Wednesday, February 24 at Kempner High School has been canceled. We have also received information from the athletic department pertaining to practice. The FBISD athletic department has stated that, "at this time, IF SCHOOLS ARE NOT GOING BACK FACE TO FACE, practice is deemed as optional until face to face classes resume". Again, practices are deemed as optional, and are NOT deemed as a tryout! More information will be sent out as time progresses. Please check your rank one sports app or the Remind app for information pertaining to practices and meets.
Track Practice Dates!!
TENNIS TRYOUTS WILL BEGIN ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23!!!
Please remember to place a "0" in front of the six digit ID number or the process will not work.
For the 2020-2021 school year ONLY, all 8th graders that were 7th graders who tried out or participated in athletics during the 2019-2020 school years physical are still considered good.
COACH GREGORY FORD (8TH GRADE A FOOTBALL)
Coach Gregory Ford was born and raised in Eatonville, Florida. Coach Ford received his Bachelors Degree from Texas Southern University. Greg is a member of the famed Omega Psi Phi Fraternity incorporated. He has participated and is a part of numerous charity works that Omega Psi Phi sponsors. Coach Ford says that the reason he loves coaching is because he enjoys helping student athletes grow physically, mentally and socially. He explains that skills he loves when athletes are able to grow on the field, track and basketball court.