Nevada Learning Academy at CCSD
Week of May 9 - May 13
A Message From Principal Martin
Online Registration (OLR) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. All families must complete the OLR for the new school year. Current NVLA students will receive communication via email with seamless steps to continue their enrollment.
Technology Return Schedule '21-'22
The following technology checked out from Nevada Learning Academy at CCSD (NVLA) must be returned to NVLA not later than Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- All AC adaptors (power cords) to the above mentioned devices must be turned in with device.
Fines will be accessed for missing or damaged items immediately and or after final inspection.
This includes student that are returning to NVLA for the 2022-23 school year.
Summer School Technology Return Dates
- Full-time students taking the Summer Acceleration program must return technology by Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
- Full-time students taking NVLA Summer School must be return technology by Friday, July 15, 2022.
Turn in by Date
Seniors not taking a summer program - Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Student not taking summer school - Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Student taking Summer Acceleration program - Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Student taking Summer School with NVLA - Friday, July 15, 2022
'22-'23 Technology Deployment
We will start issuing technology for the 2022-23 school year on Monday, July 25, 2022 by appointment.
Students must be enrolled in NVLA full-time to check out Technology items. Parent must also complete the Mobile Technology agreement before they arrive to pick-up the Technology.
Thank you for your cooperation.
SIGN UP FOR SENIOR CHECK OUT ASAP
ALL seniors will need to complete a mandatory senior check-out.
Choose a day and time that works best for you on your counselor's Google Calendar, we have provided the dates and links below.
- Please arrive about 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment so you will be able to turn in any device that you have checked out from NVLA or any other CCSD school such as Chromebook, IPad, Hotspot, and the charging cords.
- All Devices need to be returned to the school they were checked out from.
- Once you turn in your devices you will need to pay any fees or fines that you owe to NVLA.
- If you have unpaid fees or fines or missing library books that are due to another school you will need to pay/return them ASAP to the school. We will be unable to complete the graduation process if you have unpaid fines or fees owed to CCSD.
- Once you have completed the above requirements you will be ready for the appointment with your counselor. This is when you will sign your checkout paperwork, and receive your Cap/Gown, 6 tickets, any awards, and regalia that you may have earned.
- Please choose a day and time that works best for you on your counselor's Google Calendar. This is a Mandatory face-to-face meeting with seniors that will last 15 minutes.
- The only dates available for Senior Check out are the following.
- Look over the counselor's alpha assignment to ensure you have selected the correct counselor.
Friday, May 20th
Monday, May 23rd
Tuesday, May 24th
Wednesday, May 25th
Mario Peraza (A-E)
Stacey Sinicki (F-L)
Rachael Mikita (M-R)
Jennifer Drummond (S-Z)
Mrs. Attebery (IEP A-Z)
Seniors with an IEP, watch your email for instructions from Mrs. Attebery.
This will take place in our building at 3050 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
MAP Testing for Secondary Students
All 6th -10th grade students were required to complete the Spring MAP Benchmark Assessment in reading and math this past week. This assessment will be completed online from home. Students who have not yet completed the assessment will be expected to communicate with their English and math teachers for makeup testing the week of May 9- May 13.
The MAP Assessment is an untimed, self-paced assessment that will measure students' academic growth to better inform our educators how to best support our students.
Should you have any questions about your student's testing schedule please contact your student's English and or math teachers directly.
For more information about the MAP test please visit https://www.nwea.org/resource-center/resource/what-is-map-growth/
Middle School Summer Acceleration RSVP
As per your request our virtually based Summer Acceleration is still open for sign up for our middle school students. Students will have the opportunity to make up failed courses, get academic support and participate in a variety of fun enrichment based activities each day.
*Please submit a separate RSVP form for each of your MS students to participate no later than Friday, May 20th.
Any student that RSVPs for Summer Acceleration is automatically accepted!!!
NVLA MS Summer Acceleration Student RSVP
We look forward to a great Summer Acceleration experience with our MS students!
Happening Wednesday, May 25th, 2022
3rd Grade Teacher, Mr. Doefler Talks NVLA with KTNV.
*Video attached below*
Our NVLA students and families came out from all around the valley to BBQ and play games for our first annual Family Fun Day!
It was so great to see our students and families!
We are already looking forward to the next one!
Congratulations to our 2022 Star Graduate Miyan C. Adkins!!! We are proud of the great example that you are for our students!
Student Council Recruitment
Class of 2022 Graduation Information!
Class of 2022 Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 26th, 6pm
200 South Green Valley Parkway
Location: Dollar Loan Center Arena
Please visit our website for more details at:
Back to School Vaccinations
Nevada Learning Academy Social Media Links
NVLA Homework Help
NVLA will offer daily Homework Help for all students K-12.
Homework Help on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15 pm to 4:15 pm.
Please use the following Google Meet Nicknames to join the needed grade levels and content areas:
- ES Grades K-2 Reading/Writing: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA Grade K 2 ELA
- ES Grades K-2 Math: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA ES Grade K 2 Math
- ES Grades 3-5 Reading/Writing: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA ES Grade 3 5 ELA
- ES Grades 3-5 Math: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA ES Grade 3 5 Math
- MS ELA: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA MS ELA Homework
- MS Math: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA MS Math Homework
- MS Science: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA MS Science Homework
- HS ELA: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA HS ELA Homework
- HS Math: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA HS Math Homework
- HS Science: Google Meet Nickname – NVLA HS Science Homework
Helpful Tips for Online Learning
NVLA does not use Google Classroom. Students access their coursework through Canvas. You can find Canvas by going to clever.ccsd.net and logging in with your school email, then choose Canvas.
Need a tutorial on how to use Canvas? Middle School/High School Students, check out the Passport to Canvas or click the HELP button on the left side menu in Canvas.
Cookies Required Message
If you get the Cookies Required message when you log in to Canvas from Clever here are a couple of workarounds:
1. Look on the blue Canvas menu bar on the left side of your screen to see if there is a key with "Log in" under it. Click it and see if it logs you in. If not;
2. Look at the address bar and delete everything after the question (?) mark, then press enter, that should log you in.
Please submit a help ticket if this problem continues to occur.
Tech Support is Available:
CCSD User Support - 702-799-3300
NVLA Tech Support (Course content and Canvas questions)
Welcome to Nevada Learning Academy
Nevada Learning Academy at CCSD has set the standard for online learning in the Clark County School District and Nevada. NVLA's innovative approach creates learning opportunities and options for K-12 students. We offer students an alternative path to graduation by delivering a rigorous curriculum and educational support. As the premier public online learning institution, Nevada Learning Academy students and graduates possess 21st Century skills and are “College and Career Ready”. Our mission is to provide exemplary online learning experiences that inspire and prepare students for success in the global economy.