Benefield Elementary Beacon
January 19, 2015
· The value of trying new teaching methods outweighs the risk of making a mistake.
· They didn’t believe that a perfect, error-free lesson defined them as a good teacher.
· But she remembered growth mindset thinking and set small, measurable targets.
· “But in a growth mindset, those students are challenges,” she says; “they’re opportunities to hone your skills, increase your understanding, and become a better teacher.” Growth mindset teachers believe, “Every student has something to teach me” and some even tell their students, “Every time you make a mistake, become confused, or struggle, you make me a better teacher.”
· “Research has shown that it’s never too late to develop a growth mindset about your abilities.”
· “You recognize that the growth of your skills is in your hands, and you choose to make that happen.”
Redistricting Faculty Meeting 1/28/15
Jump Start Parent Sessions
If I missed recognizing you, please let me know.
Benefield Singers & Gwinnett Gladiators raise $1,019!
Congratulations to our Benefield Singers! Ms. Cash and Ms. Kingston were presented with a check for the BES Singers this week. Read more about it by following this link:
Mother Son Dance
Mrs. Bronkemma is organizing a Mother Son Dance on Friday, February 13, 2015. She is seeking volunteers to support this event. Please use the link below to support this event.http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0C4EAAA82DA3F58-motherson/4525380
All handouts and data have been loaded into the Benefield Community. The folder is called RBES & Chalk Talk documents.
RBES Chalk Talks
The blue folder you received during our data dig contains four charts to be included in your data sheet. Each teacher will need to update their RBES data chart that was submitted with the initial RBES (documents are in the communities). This chart will be included on your data chart.
Your midyear RBES update will be due one week following your chalk talk.
Fourth Grade: Tuesday, Jan. 20th @ 3:15 PM
Kinder: Tuesday, Jan. 20th @ 4:00 PM
Third Grade: Tuesday, Jan. 27th @ 3:15 PM
First Grade: Tuesday, Jan. 27th @ 4:00 PM
Fifth Grade: Tuesday, Feb. 10th @ 3:15 PM
Second Grade: Tuesday, Feb. 10th @ 4:00 PM
Non-Spanish Translators 2/18 & 2/19
Spanish Translators 2/18 - 2/27
Due to limited availability, please do not schedule a conference that is not confirmed. Please use this link to sign up for a Spanish translator. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0548a9ad22a57-february
Chik Fil A Volunteers
Parent Luncheons 2/17 & 2/18
We will offer parent workshops prior to and after the lunch schedule. Parents will also have an opportunity to complete a climate survey from the state of Georgia. Parents will arrive in the front foyer and move to the cafe area.
Please remember to travel down the backstairs and the hallway with Dr. Patel's class. This will help with our traffic flow. Please remember we have an altered lunch schedule and dress professional on these days (no jean coupons).
eClass C&I Pages
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
Monday, 1/19: Martin Luther King Holiday (no school)
Tuesday, 1/20: HOST Sessions this week during planning, ACCESS testing window opens, Chalk Talk 4th @ 3:15 & Kinder @ 4:00
Wednesday, 1/21: Valic School visit, Lego Club
Thursday, 1/22: Book Fair Opens
Friday, 1/23: 4th Grade Beacons on BNN
Saturday, 1/24: ACT for Duke TIP Students
Monday, 1/26: ILT @ 3:15 PM, Peer Leaders
Tuesday, 1/27: Chalk Talk 3rd @ 3:15 & 1st @ 4:00
Wednesday, 1/28: No Jean Coupon Day, Coaches' Chalk Talk @ 11:15, Vision Visitors 1st Grade, Redistricting Meeting @ 3:15 in cafe
Thursday, 1/29: Local School Council @ 7:30 AM, Benefield Singers Field Trip, Chik Fil A Spirit Night
Friday, 1/30: Young Author's Submissions due to Ms. Stocks, Dental Van, RFL Jersey Day, Picture with the Principal and Duck Distribution