Dublin Jerome High School
Welcome Back Edition: August 1st, 2019
Good Afternoon Jerome Families!
I am typing with great excitement in sharing my first formal communication with you. We are so looking forward to welcoming everyone for the 2019-2020 school year, including the Class of 2023. It is truly special to be back here at Dublin Jerome, and as we get to know each other over the course of the year, I trust you will observe my commitment and passion for our students, staff, and community.
As you may have noticed this format is a bit different than what you may be used to. I have utilized this platform over the past few years and I have found this to be engaging and accessible especially via mobile device. It also affords me the opportunity to easily share images, videos, and links to provide you current and relevant information. Typically, you will receive a notification via School Messenger around 5:00 pm. It will include a link to this newsletter. There may be a few adjustments along the way but I anticipate it to run smoothly. We will also post the archives weekly on the Jerome website so you may visit as often as you like.
We are less than two weeks away from the start of school. Below there is a variety of information that will help you be prepared for the start of the school year. Please take some time to read and review this information. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!
Back to School Information
Dublin City Schools Back to School Platform opens August 5th!
Dublin City Schools’ online back-to-school platforms for the 2019-20 school year are now open at www.dublinschools.net. Simply click on the button titled, "2019-2020 Back to School." You will be directed to a webpage with specific directions and links to the sites you will need to access prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year on August 14. The ability to update contact information, sign-up for our newsletter, etc can all be found on this page.
Please note, schedules for middle and high school students and class assignments for elementary students will be posted in ProgressBook ParentAccess the week of August 5. Bus routes will be available online a few days prior to the beginning of school.
We will post these dates on the District website and they will also be available on our social media platforms. If you don’t follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or like us on Facebook, this summer is a great time to start!
Student Orientation/Walk Through Days
Below are the dates for our student walk throughs. Students can drop off any forms (required and/or optional during any of these designated days.
Wednesday, August 7th (Grades 10-12): 9:00-11:00 am/1:00-3:00 pm
Thursday, August 8th (Grades 10-12): 9:00-11:00 am
WELCOME CLASS OF 2023!
1. Freshman Meet and Greet: Thursday, August 8th (12:45-3:00 pm)
- Freshman students meet at 12:45 in the commons.
- The event will last approximately an hour and a half.
- Student mentors will assist freshmen in getting their pictures taken, walking their schedules, touring the school, etc.
- 9th Grade make-up for those who cannot attend will be Monday, Aug. 12 (11:00-12:00 pm).
- Freshmen will receive their Chromebook during this time.
2. First Day of School Activities (Wednesday, August 14)
- Freshmen will participate in activities with the CAP mentors that will introduce them to high school and how it functions in order to make their transition to Jerome smoother. This will include a motivational presentation from Ted Weise. More information about Ted can be found on his website, hearTedtalk.com
3. Freshman Parent Meeting Thursday, August 15th (7:00-8:00 pm) will be held in the CPA.
4. Freshman Tailgate, Friday, August 30 at 5:30 pm (see Flyer details below!)
- All freshman students are invited to attend the Freshman tailgate hosted by CAP and the Jerome PTO
- Freshman t-shirts are also available for purchase.
NEW STUDENTS TO JEROME:
- New Student Scheduling: Aug. 5 & 6, 8:00-3:00 pm (by appointment with Guidance Dept.)
- New Student/Parent Orientation: Aug. 8 (in the Commons), 12:00-1:00 pm
Pictures and Photo IDs
Please have your child bring this completed document during the walkthrough (seniors included).
If your son or daughter is planning to drive to school this year, parking passes will be on sale
during all Back-to-School Walkthrough times and the first week of school. A limited number of spaces are available in the student parking lot for a fee of $60.00. Freshmen and sophomores will not be allowed to park in the student lot.
Parking spaces will be determined based on graduating class in a lottery held after school on
August 16th. Parking permits will then be available for pick up on August 19th. Students can drive and park in the parking lot until these passes are sold. After that time, all cars will need a parking pass to park in the lot.
Tax Free Holiday this Weekend!
Beginning in 2019, Sub. S.B. 226 provides for a permanent sales tax holiday on the first Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of August each year. For 2019, the sales tax holiday will begin on Friday, August 2 at 12:00 a.m. and end on Sunday, August 4 at 11:59 p.m.
During the holiday, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:
- Clothing priced at $75 per item or less;
- School supplies priced at $20 per item or less; and
- School instructional material priced at $20 per item or less.
Items used in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.
Sales Tax Holiday Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us at 1-800-304-3211, or e-mail us.
Welcome to New Staff!
Amelia Combs: German
Nicole Gregio: Intervention Specialist
Candice Hannah: Social Studies
Diane Krueger: Paraprofessional
Ryan Mitchell: Math
Stephanie Poe Gruet: French
Zack Pytel: Music/Choir
Linda Rotondo: Paraprofessional
Jake Uebler: Science
David Walsh: Math
Kelly Marshall: Transition Coordinator
Becky Ansari: Nurse
Dublin Jerome PTO
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! The Dublin Jerome PTO has a lot planned for this year:
Freshman Tailgate, Homecoming, Prom, December Holiday Bazaar and Staff Conference Meals just to name a few.
To be successful, we need YOUR help! The PTO relies on volunteers
and donations to support these PTO sponsored events.
To Volunteer via SignUpGenius:
To Donate via PTO Website please click on the link below or here.
2019-2020 PTO BOARD
Lara Abou-Chakra email@example.com
Jackie Calnon firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Birkholz email@example.com
Holly Engle-Heerdt firstname.lastname@example.org
Fatema Baumgardner email@example.com
Danielle Hodge firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook (see the links above).
News from the Jerome Athletic Department
Please contact Mr. Joe Bline Athletic Director with questions.
Season Ticket Information
To purchase a Family Pass, or a Student Pass, for the school year please go to:
Cost for the passes:
Family Pass: $225 (Digital - without a printed pass)
$235 for a laminated, printed pass
Student Pass: $65 (Digital – without a printed pass)
$75 for a laminated, printed pass
Physicals and Final Forms
In order to participate, all of our student athletes must have a physical on file with our athletic trainer (you may drop off during school hours) and have completed their Final Forms registration.
- Athletes will have needed to have passed 5 one credit classes last spring in order to be eligible.
- You must also be taking 5 one credit classes this fall (PE classes do not count) to be eligible.
- You cannot appeal if you have not passed, or are not taking, 5 one credit classes.
- Each student must have earned a 2.0 GPA for the last grading period. Students may apply for a waiver if their GPA is between a 1.0 and 1.99. One waiver may be issued during the 9th and 10th grade; one waiver may be issued during the 11th and 12th grade.
DJHS Counselor Corner
Guidance Department Information
- Mrs. Lisa Bauer (A-Dor).
- Mrs. Jennifer Rodgers (Dos-Jom).
- Mr. Tyler Baker (Jon-Mil).
- Mr. Andy Zweizig (Mim-Se).
- Mr. Aaron Bauer (Sf-Z).
Student Services Support Sepcialist
If you need to see your school counselor for any reason, please use the contact information below to schedule an appointment.
Dublin City Schools Parent University: 2019-2020 College Readiness Meetings
Please click the button below for the schedule.
These college information meetings are presented by the Counseling Departments of Coffman, Jerome, and Scioto High Schools.