Wild Rose Elementary
August 13, 2021
A note from Mrs. Solomon
Wow what an amazing week! Nothing makes us happier than seeing all the students' faces and seeing their excitement to be back at school!. Our changes in arrival and dismissal are already making a huge difference in structure during these times. THANK YOU for working in cooperation with us!
This newsletter at a glance:
- Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Wild Rose PTO Membership Toolkit Sign-up
- School Day
- Notification of Transportation Routes
- Lunch and Snack Information
- Lunch Protocols
- Early Release Days
- Saints Family Fun Fest
- iReady Podcast
Looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal Changes… last year the self-certification really drove our arrival process. Little did we realize how important that process was in building relationships and giving each and every Wild Rose student one, two, if not three greetings/touchpoints with people on their way into school. With the self-certification gone we certainly don’t miss the tags, but we DON'T want to miss the OPPORTUNITY for our students to feel welcome each and every day.
To eliminate confusion for our families, students, and school we will be dissolving the usage of exterior doors for arrival and dismissal. This will allow for those of us on supervision to greet students at the front of the building and the bus entrance, then with the added most important layer of each classroom teacher at their interior classroom doorway to welcome their students into class.
Parents should drop off students by car or walking at the front of the building. All students K-5 will enter from the front if walking or driving by car. Doors #1 and #23 will be available for students to enter. Door #23 will primarily be for kindergarten in the morning.
Dismissal...tomorrow we will all be working on our dismissal practices and new procedures/protocols. We need to be sure all of our students are clear on what to do, where to go, and how to get there. We will be reversing the dismissal process meaning:
- Car riders and walkers will be dismissed first, as those parents are here and ready for their children
- CAR RIDERS
- Car riders should exit Door #1 Front Door
- Car drivers should line up on the West side of Thornley and turn right into the pick up drive.
- Please pull as far into the front lane as possible to allow for as many cars to get into the drive as possible.
- Staff will assist in getting students to vehicles.
- Name plates will be sent home as soon as they are in.
- Walkers should exit Door #23 Front Door between kindergarten rooms 100 & 101
- Walkers or personal in-person pick-ups should wait in the area below the stairs of door #23. If you are parking a car you must park in the lot or on the east side of Thornley.
- DO NOT park in the car pick-up lane. This disrupts the entire pick-up process and is a safety concern.
- DO NOT stay by your car and wave your child over to you. This is a safety hazard.
- Last BUS RIDERS will be dismissed
- Students should be in line with others from their bus
- Student bus groups should be in numerical order making it easy to deliver students to their specific bus line location
- Each classroom teacher will walk their bus students to the back black top and bring their bus riders to the back.
- Bus lines will be marked with a cone, bus number, and a visual line for students to sit on when the weather permits.
- ALL kindergarten bus riders should be placed at the FRONT of each bus line.
- EXTRA staff will be assigned to assist K-1 Classrooms
- 5th Grade students will be assigned to helping 1st grade at this time
Having families on campus is wonderful we just have to work together for the safety and success of our students. Hoping this will be more successful and less confusing for all. Thank you for your support and we will continue to practice and improve our protocols.
School Day: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Drop off window: 7:45 am to 8:00 am (after 8:00 am is considered tardy)
Pick-up: Students are dismissed at 3:00
Early Release pick-up: 2:10
If your child is taking a different form of transport home please let their teacher and the office know otherwise we will resort to what we have on daily record.
Students will eat lunch in the cafeteria/community room. Students will be socially distanced by at least 6 feet.
Students will need to wash hands prior to eating lunch.
Supervisors will distribute hand sanitizer to students after they are done eating. They can also choose to wash their hands in the bathroom.
Tables will be assigned to classes
When students enter the cafeteria they are to report directly to a seat.
Students discard their trash when they are dismissed to outside for recess.
Students ordering hot lunch will be called by table color/class up to grab their sacked hot lunch.
The tables will be cleaned and sanitized prior to and after a student's lunch time.
Students will be supervised by lunch supervisors while eating lunch and by their classroom teacher or other certified staff member when outside for their recess.