GES Parent Resource Center
Your one-stop-shop for online and physical resources!
Welcome to the GES Parent Resource Room!
Your JC Family Engagement Coordinators-
Shelley Dunlap (email@example.com - 478-986-3032 Ext. 1284)
Shelby Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org - 478-986-3032 Ext. 1285)
Click here for some ways that you can support a growth mindset in your student to build their confidence, persistence, and success.
Click here to watch a brief video about how to talk with teachers concerning your child's progress.
Infinite Campus for Parents
Parents, say hello to your sidekick! Parent engagement has a direct correlation to student success. Students with engaged parents are more likely to have higher self-esteem, lower absenteeism and earn high grades or test scores. So what are you waiting for? Log into Campus Parent and get engaged today!
- Accessing student grades: Give that praise and encouragement for that A or B they studied hard for!
- Review attendance and absences: Get real-time notifications if your student is absent.
- Seeing assignments due or upcoming exams: YES, you can finally know what your student is studying!
- Notifications for School/District Announcements: Never miss a big event again!
- Lunchroom information: Is student making healthy choices? Fueling the body, fuels the mind.
Campus Parent can be accessed on the web (login information is received from your district) or using the Campus Parent mobile app. Click HERE to see the video for all that it has to offer!
Clever - One Login for Students K-5
What is Seesaw?
Seesaw for Schools is a digital app-based platform that allows students, teachers, and parents or guardians to complete and share classroom work. As the company itself says, Seesaw is a platform for student engagement.
Using the Seesaw app, students can show what they know using various media, from photos and videos to drawings, text, links, and PDFs. This is all on the Seesaw platform, meaning it can be seen and appraised by teachers and even shared with parents and guardians.
Remind Helps You Stay Connected!
• Homework assignments
• Field trip updates
• Schedule changes
• Personalized support or feedback
• And more!
Signing up is easy! To join a Remind class, you’ll need a class code from a teacher, coach, administrator, or organization leader. Each code is unique, but it always looks like this: @classcode. Once you have a class code, there are three ways to join the class:
1. Sign up for text notifications by texting @classcode to 81010.
2. Go to www.remind.com/join/classcode and follow the directions.
3. Download the Remind app from the App Store or Google Play, sign up for an account with your email address, and enter the class code when prompted.
Home Usage Advice and Best Practices
- Plan at least 20-30 minutes for each session. Students should complete at least 5 lessons per week.
- Since DreamBox is personalized to each learner based on their strategies and understanding, it’s important to let your child work through lessons within their own account.
- Use the Activity Feed in your Family Insight Dashboard to monitor you child’s progress. If they are stuck on a lesson, you can view it by hitting the ‘Play Lesson’ button and help guide them with a facilitated discussion. Try to avoid helping them directly in the student environment.
- Turn on closed captioning with lessons if it’s helpful.
Renaissance Accelerated Reader
CK-12 Online Tutor
Physical Resources to Checkout and Use at Home!
Alphabet Arch-Grades K-1
Practice Identifying Uppercase And Lowercase Letters And Putting Them In Alphabetical Order
Students love matching letters on this arch! It's a great alphabet fluency builder for emergent readers and struggling kindergartners. Includes two levels for differentiation: One side features all the alphabet letters while the other side is missing letters for more challenge in sequencing.
Head or Tail? Beginning and Ending Sounds- Grades K-1
What's in a Name? Grades K-1
Concentration: Letter-Sound Match- Grades K-1
What's my Vowel? Grades K-1
Change-A-Word- Grades K-1
Surfing Syllable Sort- Grades K-1
Syllable Spaceship- Grades K-1
Inflection Bean Bag Toss- Grades K-1
Silent "e" Strips- Grades K-1
Flipflop Syllables- Grades K-1
AlphaMatch- Grades K-1
Build A Word Family Activity K-1
Engage Students in Word-Family Practice with Adorable Stick Puzzles.
Use the Build-A-Word-Family Activity to teach students about common language patterns.
Onset And Rime Bridge Game Grades K & 1
Letter Tiles To Go: CVC Task Cards Grades K & 1
CVC Clips and Card Set K-1
Initial Consonants Bingo- Grades K-1
Lighten Up! Grades K-2
Sight Words Family Engagement Pack - Grades K-2
Sight Words Flashcards- Grades K-2
Word Families Flashcards- Grades K-2
Sight Words Bingo- Grades K-3
Lights, Camera, Action! Retelling Game- Grades K-2
Alpha Tiles- Grades K-2
- Letter name recognition
- Letter sound recognition
- Beginning sounds
- Word formation
- Word recognition
Zingo! Bingo with a Zing- Grades K-2
- Develops critical skills – Perfect for pre-readers and early readers, builds language and matching skills in preschool kids through fun, fast-paced play. Zingo is as popular in the classroom with teachers as it is in the home with families!
Quizmo? Sight Word Sets 1 & 2- Grades K-2
POP for Word Families- Grades K-3
POP for Blends- Grades K-3
Quizmo? Phonetic Game- Grades K-3
Consonant Blends Game- Grade 1
Family Engagement Reading Pack - Gr. 1
Fiction Read & Sequence Comprehension Puzzles Grades 1 & 2
Nonfiction Read & Sequence Comprehension Puzzles Grade 1 and 2
Vexing Vowels-Grades 1-2
Digraph Roll Literacy Center™ Grades 1-3
Arrr! Pirate Game-Grades 1-3
Family Engagement Reading Pack - Gr. 2
Main Idea & Supporting Details Sort and Write- Grades 2-3
Ding! Ding! Ding! Summary- Grades 2-3
Fact & Opinion Sort and Write- Grades 2-3
Reading Strategies Game- Grades 2-3
Go Fish Vowel Digraphs Grades 2-3
Author's Points, Reasons, And Evidence Literacy Center Grades 2-4
Tell A Tale: Point Of View Literacy Center Grades 2-4
Cause & Effect Sort and Say- Grades 2-4
Compare & Contrast Same-Topic Texts- Grades 2-4
Identify and Use Text Features to Locate Information- Grades 2-4
Family Engagement Reading Pack - Gr. 3
Brain Quest- Grade 3 & 5
Family Engagement Reading Pack - Gr. 4
Plot's Peak Story Structure Grades 4 & 5
Quizmo? Vocabulary Game- Grades 4-5
The QUIZMO Vocabulary game provides practice, reinforcement and challenge in key literacy and language areas. Teach children synonyms and antonyms and increase their listening comprehension with this engaging game!
This bingo-style activity is a fun, engaging way to excite kids to learn. Kids will use plastic markers to match words with their similar (synonyms) and opposite (antonyms) meanings. The winner gets to yell “QUIZMO”!
Quizmo? Structural Skills- Grades 4-5
Family Engagement Reading Pack- Grade 5
Go Fishing for Shapes- Grades K-1
Pattern Ladder- Grades K-1
Go-Cart Graphing- Grades K-1
Find-A-Pair Puzzles™ - Telling Time To The Hour And Half Hour Grades K-2
Primary Fraction Cards Grades K-2
Greater Than and Less Than Gator Attack- Grades K-2
Magnetic Ten Frame Magnetic Board- Grades K-2
Hamster Run Addition- Grade 1
Addition Grab & Play Game - Gr. 1-2
Subtraction Grab & Play Game - Gr. 1-2
Measurement Memory Pond- Grades 1-2
Place Value Grab & Play Game - Gr. 1-2
Pet Shop Probability- Grades 1-3
Wrap Ups (Addition, Subtraction, Division & Fractions) Grades 1-5
- TEACHING TOOL: Learning Wrap-ups presents the Math Intro Wrap-up Key set! It contains 1 each of our self-correcting Addition, Subtraction, Division, and Fraction Wrap-ups.
- HOMEWORK AID: Help kids learn with flashcards, tables, charts, manipulatives, and Learning-Wrap-ups! With wrap-ups, wrap the string from the problem on left to the answer on right. Self-check on back.
Measurement Tic-Tac-Toe- Grades 2-3
Place Value Spin Zone- Grades 2-3
Saving Money- Grades 2-3
Sandbox Slides, Flips, and Turns- Grades 2-4
Money Sudoku- Grades 2-5
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards- Money- Grades 2-4
- Recognizing values of coins and bills
- Performing operations with money
- Creating equivalent amounts of money
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards- Fractions- Grades 2-4
- Identifying fractions through twelfths
- Adding, subtracting, and comparing fractions
- Recognizing fractions of a set
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards-Place Value-Grades 2-4
- Developing number sense
- Using standard, word, and expanded form to represent numbers
- Comparing and ordering whole numbers to 10,000
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards-Operations-Grades 2-4
- Solving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems
- Using inverse operations
- Solving word problems
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards-Geometry-Grades 2-4
- Recognizing attributes of 2-D and 3-D figures
- Developing geometric vocabulary
- Identifying vertices, sides, faces, angles, and edges
Quick Pick Math Student Activity Cards-Time & Measurement-Grades 2-4
- Reading analog and digital time
- Determining elapsed time
- Measuring in inches and centimeters
- Understanding length, capacity, and weight
Fraction Dominoes- Grades 2-5
Multiplication Grab & Play Game - Gr. 3-4
Division Grab & Play Game - Gr. 3-4
Place Value Grab & Play Game - Gr. 3-4
Place Value To Billions Grades 3-5
Layer-It™ Place Value Learning Activity Cards - Grades 3-5
Tug of War: Algebraic Equations Grades 4 & 5
5th Grade Math Resources
1-800-CHILDREN (1-800-244-5373) is a free statewide helpline that will give you information you can use wherever you live in Georgia. Callers can talk to a trained individual who cares and wants to help.
Find mental health support through local therapists, support groups, and other helpful resources.
Safety Resources for Home
Are you worried about your child?
We offer education and therapeutic support to empower and give you hope as you support your child’s mental health.
Click here to access the monthly Parent Institute Newsletters for parents of elementary, middle, and high school students.
Jones County Schools Family Engagement
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or to schedule an in-person session!
Shelley Dunlap email@example.com or 478-986-3032
Shelby Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-986-3032