Re-think, Re-imagine and Transform Education for Everyone
The Southern Indiana Education Center is excited to provide an opportunity to hear and learn from Dr. Patrick Schwarz, noted author of "From Possibility to Success: Achieving Positive Student Outcomes in Inclusive Classrooms" and other helps for special needs, English language learner, and general educators. Inspired by the feedback and needs throughout the southwestern Indiana region, Dr. Schwarz will be sharing a full workshop day designed for TEAMS of teachers and paraeducators working together for student success. Participants can expect the following:
- Promising practices of co-teaching will be explained
- Five different models will be illustrated that allow teachers, related service professionals and paraeducators to work successfully together in all learning situations.
- Real, practical scenarios will be role-played for deeper understanding.
- Participants will be able to examine applications for their own classrooms, learning situations and teams.
If you have been in a position of not knowing how to team with a colleague or maybe you have a great collaboration going already and would like more ideas, look into this day. Please plan on joining us on June 18 for a session that will further help you build connections with your colleagues, reach all of your students, and prepare you for the upcoming 2018/19 school year. See below for more information!
Patrick Schwarz, Ph.D.
Monday, June 18th, 9am-3pm
KlubHaus61 2031 Newton St., Jasper, IN 47546
- Educators and paraeducators in grades K-12 are invited to attend. Those that assist with special needs and English language learners should be included on the team.
- Teams of educators are strongly encouraged to attend from every school district. Don't miss this opportunity!
- All times are Eastern time zone.
- A catered lunch is included in the cost for this workshop day.
- A professional growth certificate worth 6 points will be provided.
- Workshop fees:
- Groups of 5 or more from ESC of Indiana member districts: $135 per person (Groups of 5 or more from non-member districts: $189 per person)
- Individual registrations from ESC of Indiana member districts: $160 per person (Individual registrations from non-member districts: $220 per person)
- Participants should bring a laptop to access online resources.
- See below to complete the embedded registration form.